PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
New Members Please Introduce Yourself Here - Page 111
Page 111 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1161101108109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1134
    Thanks

Re: New Members Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hello everyone at Thailandqa

I'm a new members starting from today and I like what I've read so far. Since my father show me Thailand and what it has to give, I started to get interested in the culture and language itself. What I know from now I also have a family there and seek to understand the culture and the language better than today. I'm 24 years old and live in Sweden at the moment, I have big plans on moving on very soon. I have a programmer education in Sweden and would like to use my knowledge in working around the world and is now looking for work in Thailand (what I've heard is kinda hard to get work permit these days but maybe if I work hard enough, a dream would come true)

I'm glad to join the community and I hope I can contribute with some stuff during the years to come.

Have a great day

Best regards
    Badgirl72

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Badgirl72 For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (04-02-16), Marie (04-02-16), Susana (04-02-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (04-02-16), Marie (04-02-16), xfiles20001999 (09-04-16)

Thanks

Hello everybody I am Hazem From Cairo Egypt, and I am interested in THai language and culture hope i can find my lost here. i would like to know how my name would be written in thai knowing that my name is an arabic name in origin Hazem is the English translation for it and the arabic one is حازم
    Thanks everyone

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roundx For This Useful Post:

Susana (05-11-16)

Thanks

Sawasdee Khrap, My name is Pete, originally from Australia, I have been working over here as an Electrical supervisor/inspector on one of the big LNG projects for back home in Australia (Darwin) I have been here since April last year, live in Jomtiem, working in Laem Chabang. Really do enjoy Thailand and the people over here. Hopefully i can pick up more work and stay here longer. My contract finishes around August September this year, so if anyone has any leads or contacts i would more than appreciate them.
    I love to ride bikes and have been a few different places around here since I started. Kanchanaburi last year for remembrance day, will be heading back up there for ANZAC day this year. I have joined the Yamaha Super Tenere club, great group of people and very warm and friendly. We recently went on a ride up to Kaeng Krachan, again another great ride and really enjoyed myselfClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20160227_091420.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	21939
    Hopefully as time goes on, I will get a chance to post some of my travels up on here.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 05Daytona For This Useful Post:

BUCKY (30-03-16), h90 (30-03-16), Marie (30-03-16), Susana (05-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 05Daytona View Post
    Sawasdee Khrap, My name is Pete, originally from Australia, I have been working over here as an Electrical supervisor/inspector on one of the big LNG projects for back home in Australia (Darwin) I have been here since April last year, live in Jomtiem, working in Laem Chabang. Really do enjoy Thailand and the people over here. Hopefully i can pick up more work and stay here longer. My contract finishes around August September this year, so if anyone has any leads or contacts i would more than appreciate them.
    I love to ride bikes and have been a few different places around here since I started. Kanchanaburi last year for remembrance day, will be heading back up there for ANZAC day this year. I have joined the Yamaha Super Tenere club, great group of people and very warm and friendly. We recently went on a ride up to Kaeng Krachan, again another great ride and really enjoyed myselfClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20160227_091420.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	21939
    Hopefully as time goes on, I will get a chance to post some of my travels up on here.
    I don't have any useful leads or contacts for electric, but good technician have a chance. I am doing hydraulic seals here, and I know of a couple other Longnoses that work in technical jobs.
    In the airplane from Nakhon Si Thammerat to Bangkok, are always some Farang technicians, I guess they work for the oil or gas industry on the platforms that go almost from Koh Samui to Malaysia. It seems the helicopter have their nest in NST. I don't know much about oil and gas but I could imagine that they need electrical things. IF you find a good job here, please let us know....always good to know other technicians....
    (Don't try English teacher or Scuba Instructor....that are dead ends).

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 05Daytona View Post
    I love to ride bikes and have been a few different places around here since I started. Kanchanaburi last year for remembrance day, will be heading back up there for ANZAC day this year. I have joined the Yamaha Super Tenere club, great group of people and very warm and friendly. We recently went on a ride up to Kaeng Krachan, again another great ride and really enjoyed myself
    Welcome to the forums!
    A group of forumers and their friends went to celebrate ANZAC day in Kanchanaburi last year. Some of them will return there next month.
    With your interest in riding you could also link up with Ulysses Club Thailand, if you haven't. This is their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Ulysses-Clu...0064545516043/

We look forward to reading your posts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (31-03-16)

Thanks

Hi, I'm a new member from the Sakon Nakhon region. Been living about 1 hour away from Sakon city for the past 6 years. Loving village life, speak a little Thai, speak a little Laos, love spicy Esaan food and dancing all night at Morlams. Pleased to meet you all. Cheers, Blue

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EsaanBlue For This Useful Post:

emu (25-10-16), Khun Don (25-10-16), Marie (25-10-16), Susana (25-10-16)

Thanks

hi I'm Chris from Singapore

Hi everyone, glad to find this forum.

I'm learning Thai on my own using apps and other online resources. It's difficult for me to commit to a regular schedule of classes for an extended period because of work and family commitments.

I tried learning Thai many years ago after my first visit to Thailand but because there was no one to practise the language with, I stopped. I'm picking it up again and hope to become fluent soon, both in writing and speaking. I've made a couple of friends in Thailand but they don't speak English or very very little so it's been hard to communicate and practise. I use LINE with them. I'm relying on Google Translate but the translation is quite awful when it comes to sentences. Single word translations are ok but not sentences.

If there is a fluent Thai person out there who would like to help me in my communication with my new Thai friends, please drop me a PM. I'd like to get in touch via LINE as well. I will use the forum to get help with translation but there are some messages that are too personal to say on the forum, e.g. family, health or financial issues.

Glad to be part of the community.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cysg For This Useful Post:

Marie (04-11-16), Susana (05-11-16)

Thanks

Re: hi I'm Chris from Singapore

Hi Chris,

I am from Singapore too. Just like you, I am learning Thai as well. Maybe we can share notes on learning Thai. I stay in the west side of Singapore.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummynut For This Useful Post:

Marie (04-11-16), Susana (05-11-16)

Thanks

am Eng Johnson williams a usa citizen born in California,i work with United Nation.

Thread Information