Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114
Results 1,131 to 1,134 of 1134
    Thanks

Re: New Members Please Introduce Yourself Here

I'm not new here, but am 'returned' after not logging in for a few years.
    I've been visiting Thailand for about ten years, my first Asian country holiday.
    Some of the subsequent visits were to meet a possible partner, some were simply holidays.

At the start of 2017 I planned a trip to Khaolak and in the planning stages it was just going to be a holiday on my own. (I tend to book months in advance.) As the date got closer one of the conversations I was having with a fine Lady from Bkk became strong and clear. Real conversation - the kind I don't find in most social interaction anywhere. Honest, pragmatic, thoughtful, playful, direct, blunt, all qualities I value and share. When I said I was going to be in Thailand this fine woman asked me if I was interested in seeing her. She did not need to ask me a second time! So she bravely came to meet me and within a couple of days I was settled in my mind and heart that Rasa was the Partner I had been patiently searching for.

Jump forward to now. We are getting married in January at the family farm in Phichit and then hopefully later in 2018 we will apply for a Partner Visa to Australia for Rasa until I retire, then we will move back to Thailand and Rasa's extended family in the Province.

As I was chewing over a few questions about this next stage of my life I remembered this forum and the breadth of knowledge and experience which is here, and went looking to see if I still had my logon details after all the silent years...

Mikel.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AzureAussie For This Useful Post:

Marie (06-12-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,577 Times in 1,847 Posts

AzureAussie,

I remember you. Your thread Catch 22 When Using The Internet To Meet Ladies gathered dozens of diverse opinions that were both interesting and useful to readers. I am glad you finally found a partner that suits your standards and you're finally tying the knot in January. Congratulations!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    AzureAussie,

I remember you. Your thread Catch 22 When Using The Internet To Meet Ladies gathered dozens of diverse opinions that were both interesting and useful to readers. I am glad you finally found a partner that suits your standards and you're finally tying the knot in January. Congratulations!
    Huh, nice to be remembered for something. I'll have to go see what it was I posted, I'm curious to see what I think of my own opinion after a few years more experience. This time next week I will be almost ready to head off to the airport for my flight to BKK and to my Fiancee. We are SO hanging out to be back together. Argggghhhhhh!

Just went looking. I guess a thread from six or seven years ago is not so easy to find as I expected. He He.
    Ah, found the full search engine, found my own post. WOW, I liked a bit of an argument back then! (Who am I kidding, still enjoy a good logical jousting.)
    Some of what I wrote is much less relevant now that we all can cam chat live on our phones in LINE and other similar apps all thru our normal day. It brings the long distance interaction closer to a face to face dynamic. So perhaps things now are LESS 'catch 22' than back then. All irrelevant to me now - hehe. About to be a happily married Fallang.
    Last edited by AzureAussie; 06-12-17 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks

Hi and congratulations. Whilst I don't live in Thailand I spend most of the year there along with a number of friends I have met here in Packnam Web. If I can help in any way just PM me.
    I am sure after your retirement living in Thailand will be paradise.

Thread Information