PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: Lantern Festival in Hat Yai
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lantern Festival in Hat Yai

Lantern Festival : the Color of the South
    Dates: 1 November, 2008 – 28 February, 2009
    (Paricitpate 12 November, 2008)
    Venue: Hat Yai Municipality Park, Hat Yai District, Songkhla

Highlights :
    Features the creative wonderful lanterns in the theme of the 7 wonders i.e. Fabulous International Lantern, Amazing Fowl and Animal, World of Kids as well as contemporary style.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Koj2gXMCs"]YouTube - HATYAI - Lantern Fest. day 1[/ame]

Does anyone know anything about this festival? There isn't much on the internet. We are flying down there this weekend to check it out.
    Last edited by Richard Barrow; 17-02-09 at 09:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Lantern Festival in Hat Yai

I had an enjoyable time at the Lantern Festival in Hat Yai last weekend. The exhibits were certainly very colourful and were popular with the many locals and tourists wandering through the park. There weren't too many Westerners there as most tourists were from Malaysia.

Visit thai-blogs.com for my full report >>>>

Many thanks to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) for flying us down to Hat Yai for the weekend and looking after us so well. The blogging team at www.Thai-Blogs.com are the only bloggers in Thailand recognized by the TAT as a valuable means of promoting Thailand as a holiday destination. The Paknam Web team have been promoting Thailand on the Internet for 12 years now.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We visited other tourist attractions over the weekend and I will be posting these later at www.thai-blogs.com and www.thailandguidebook.com.

Thanks

Thanks Richard, beautiful pictures.

The Lantern Festival also officially marks the end of the Chinese Lunar New Year and first fullmoon night of the lunar calendar.

Traditionally it was also the only day in the year when good Chinese maidens could venture out and be seen by the eligible single guys.

Thread Information