PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Exchange of Thai and Cambodian citizens fails
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

BORDER ARRESTS
    By: SURACHAI PIRAGSA

Bangkok Post

BURI RAM : Thai and Cambodian security officials have failed to make progress in talks to exchange each other's nationals arrested for illegal entry along the poorly-defined border.

Talks over an exchange began after security authorities from the two countries agreed to try to secure the release of their citizens, officials said yesterday.

On Saturday, a combined Cambodian team arrested Suk Yadee and Withoon Samran in the forest along the Thai-Cambodia border opposite Surin's Kap Choeng district.

The two Thai villagers were looking for wild products when they were arrested.

They were charged with illegal entry and carrying weapons into Cambodia. They have been reportedly sent for trial at a Siem Reap court.

On the same day , police in Buri Ram's Ban Kruat district arrested Choeng Sid, 31, and Jon Mon, 22, two Cambodians, near the Bantad mountain range in Ban Huay Suk in tambon Nong Mai Ngam in Ban Kruat district.

Police said they had seized an electric chainsaw as evidence.

The two were charged with cutting down protected trees and illegal entry into the country.The two Cambodians were sent for trial to the provincial court in Buri Ram's Nang Rong district.

Thanks

Re: Exchange of Thai and Cambodian citizens fails

A warning to the rest of us! Watch where you walk.
    (I have in the past accidentally crossed the border into Burma while on a nature walk near Chiang Saen with my camera. I stopped when I got near a village and turned back. I was later told if I had entered the village I would have been arrested and sent off to Rangoon for trial!)

KoonKap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Khun Don View Post
    A warning to the rest of us! Watch where you walk.
    (I have in the past accidentally crossed the border into Burma while on a nature walk near Chiang Saen with my camera. I stopped when I got near a village and turned back. I was later told if I had entered the village I would have been arrested and sent off to Rangoon for trial!)
    I would be so happy if the Burmese did catch you then send you to Rangoon and see your photo in the news the next day so I can post a new thread with your picture locked in the jail observing it's nature and eating some fried mice and take over your position as NEWS EDITOR in Thailand Scribe. I missed my chance.

Peace.
    Last edited by KoonKap; 17-02-09 at 04:48 PM. Reason: You will remeber what dose "There is never enough time unless you are serving it" (yeah in jail). No harm feelings mate :)

Thanks

That incident happened in 1996-so probably I would have been out of jail and deported by now!

KoonKap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Khun Don View Post
    That incident happened in 1996-so probably I would have been out of jail and deported by now!
    What 1996! You should be specific next time dear so we can put the right tease on the tag.

Anyhow I will not write how I was humiliated so much by the Cambodian immigration officers back in 1997 for just B500. (visa border run)

Good to see you still kicking otherwise the forum would miss Khun Don….blesses

Peace.
    Last edited by KoonKap; 17-02-09 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Cambodia visa run,, Even telak said (Mai yak pai, heh eh,bad treatment, heh eh, mai chop) That time me no speak good English.

Thread Information