PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Your opinions about thailand!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LaoKittyGurl215 Guest
    so wuts ur opinion about thailand? wut do u think?

Thanks
    thats a very broad question...........

My personal opinion is that I love Thailand its a great place. Most of the country is based on tourism, so theres always going to be something to do or to be seen. The people are nice and caring, the weathers always great. Cost of living is really cheap. I love the music, movies, theres too many good things I could say about it. They have a way better selection of cars then the U.S. IMO. I have family there so I'm biased.

Theres quite a few things that I dislike about it though.. ie; smog, pollution, exploitation of women, aids. I'm not going to into more depth because, I'll probably ramble on forever.

Its just something you have to experience and judge for yourself. Everyone has different thoughts and opinions about Thailand.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]so wuts ur opinion about thailand?
    Well, where do I start? Thailand is a beautiful country with scenic landscapes and attractive people. It has a strong unique culture and a lovely language. The people are polite and cultured. The beaches are gorgeous. The standard of living is cheaper compared to more Westernised countries.

Downside is the traffic does get a bit congested at times. It can be really really hot some days. The standard of English needs improvement.

Overall, it's just an amazing country.

Quote[/b] ]wut do u think?
    I think about lots of stuff. I think about life, my future, what to eat for dinner...just joking. I know you mean what do I think of Thailand.

Thanks

with love

I LOVE THAILAND... end of story!

Nokkie Guest
    i love this country, its a model country for the rest of indochina and the music is great!!!

Thanks

thumbs up

Sawasdee *wai*

I'm new here and I'm already impressed by this community... peaceful people and interesting topics.

My opinion?

Well, Thailand is the country of my descent. I grew up in Austria but I never lost the special bond I have with Thailand and its people.
    I agree with most of the things mentioned in the previous posts and I'd like to add a couple of impressions:

Although the tourist centers (Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc.) are frustratingly westernized, Thai people still manage to keep their traditional ways.
    The side by side of Buddhism and Capitalism, Burger King and Tom Ka Gai, BTS and the transportation on the Menam are living proof of this dualism.
    It's the diversity of flavors, the variety of colors you see - best compared to the experience you get when you visit Thai fresh markets (or Asian markets in general) - that impress me so much about this country.
    Bangkok is certainly not my favorite city. It's overcrowded, it's noisy and polluted, but then again it never ceases to amaze me how some Bangkokians can still SMILE through all the smog and hecticness.
    The countryside offers quite a different picture and a totally different rhythm of life (I call it the rhythm of the rice). The Isan for example: you could drive for hours and all you're going to see are rice fields and water buffalos.. occasionally mad 'sip lor' drivers would try to push you from the street, blaming it on 'krating daeng' (Red Bull) or 'Ya Ba' when it really is the Thai driving style

It would take gazillion pictures, countless books, thousands of Thai dishes, and even more CDs to describe what this country has given me.
    Thank you, Thailand!

Nelly Guest
    I love pad Thai, hmmmmm.....(not you pad thai) I do love pad thai. I love Thailand, I dont understand how life should be in Thailand but when I do I aspire to make a good Thai citizien. I guess I should go and Tam bun with my mother at some stage when I am home but I cant chant or meditate without getting my blood circulation cut off and pins and needles. I love Thailand!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!

Thanks
    pad_thai
    Nat,
    I really like your Avatar - almost as much as I like beautiful Thailand and its warm and friendly people.
    jasa

Thanks

talking

Yes! Yes ! There you go ! Yes, I agree!
    All of the above!
    What more can I say. I am a person of few words

Thanks

talking

Quote[/b] (jasa @ Oct. 12 2003,10:55)]pad_thai
    Nat,
    I really like your Avatar - almost as much as I like beautiful Thailand