Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Polite Thai people?

I have been ran off the road hundreds of times, both with my car and motorcycle, and if not alert I would be dead now.
    It is not because a Thai has changed because he got in a car or because he is aggressive.
    For the first thing, He has no idea about Traffic laws as most likely he has backhanded some cash to the officer and that is how he got his license and knows nothing about the traffic laws, and if he does understand some of them, they mean nothing to him as he is better than you anyway and you should give him right of way, thats why here flashing of lights means I have right of way and intend to use it, if you pull in front of me I will kill you.

Where in most country's it means that I will give you right of way so go ahead and make your move, I will look out for you.
    Besides that, he might not even see you as you are not worthy and come in below his radar if he makes more than the average Thai and is a class above most.
    And the main thing of all is the Police do not pay any attention to law enforcement so no Thai has to worry about it either, They never learned the laws and no need to start now, They were never taught to drive and there is no one to teach or monitor their skills, so you are on your own when on the hyways here.
    But as has been stated earlier, you never know what they are going to do as logical thought is not a Thai thing so anything is possible so just watch out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Betti View Post
    just amazing how perception depends on where we are coming from. I've never seen anyone deliberatly trying to push me off the road. for me, that would be aggression.
    it does happen here though.

causes: drunkenness, feeling of superioirity, mae bhen rai attituide, no training

obviously this is a generalisation

but compared to the uk, standards are much lower here as are drunkenness and no real traffic enforecement

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeheart View Post
    I am sorry if this has offended you. I most certainly did not mean to do that. It was only started as aslightly nhunerous comment and to point out that driving in Thailand is not for the faint hearted.

Again sorry!!

Your all comments are great, I just only want to mention about the words to start the topic was a bit

Polite Thai people?

and

Polite Thai people while they are driving ?

I only show you ,how it could be changed into other subject., but I actually happy and no offened at all.

Thanks for your fast reply

Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FaranginPhetch View Post
    I have been ran off the road hundreds of times, both with my car and motorcycle, and if not alert I would be dead now.
    It is not because a Thai has changed because he got in a car or because he is aggressive.
    For the first thing, He has no idea about Traffic laws as most likely he has backhanded some cash to the officer and that is how he got his license and knows nothing about the traffic laws, and if he does understand some of them, they mean nothing to him as he is better than you anyway and you should give him right of way, thats why here flashing of lights means I have right of way and intend to use it, if you pull in front of me I will kill you.

Where in most country's it means that I will give you right of way so go ahead and make your move, I will look out for you.
    Besides that, he might not even see you as you are not worthy and come in below his radar if he makes more than the average Thai and is a class above most.
    And the main thing of all is the Police do not pay any attention to law enforcement so no Thai has to worry about it either, They never learned the laws and no need to start now, They were never taught to drive and there is no one to teach or monitor their skills, so you are on your own when on the hyways here.
    But as has been stated earlier, you never know what they are going to do as logical thought is not a Thai thing so anything is possible so just watch out.
    "he" x 8

What about Thai female drivers?

And as for him not being able to see me as worthy?

Anytime i have drove in Thailand was in a car with blackened windows, so in my experience, "he" doesn't know whether I'm Thai, Greek or otherwise.

quote: "logical thought is not a Thai thing"

Sounds to me like someone has had enough and wants to go home!

Thanks

Hey Mick, I am home, I live here and I have a lot invested in this country, and that is how I see it.

"he"x8 I am glad you paid that much attention to the post, now if you had paid that much attention to what goes on in this country you would understand more about it.
    And it makes no difference to a Thai if you are Thai, Greek or otherwise, you are not worthy of his consideration, of which he has none..

Thanks

I have never been treated with anything other than consideration in Thailand.
    Obviously we have both had different experiences.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FaranginPhetch View Post
    Hey Mick, I am home

What do you mean by "Mick"?

Thanks

HI

sometimes we learn more about the people responding to thread by how and what they say. then we learn about the original topic of thread. after reading this forum for a few months I can almost see and guess how some of the regular members will respond to certain topics.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomboR View Post
    What do you mean by "Mick"?
    I'm sure you know, but for the benefit of Thai readers, it's an Anglo-American ethnic slur for persons of Irish descent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GkapiBreath View Post
    I'm sure you know, but for the benefit of Thai readers, it's an Anglo-American ethnic slur for persons of Irish descent.
    Which just made me feel an enormous surge of pride in being of Irish descent (well, you know, Heinz 57 varieties, but certainly including Irish).
    You can read blogs about Thailand at - www.Thai-Blogs.com

Thread Information