PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: Khao Nam Khang Historical Tunnel
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Khao Nam Khang Historical Tunnel

This Tunnel is situated in Khao Nam Khang, Mu 1, Tambon Khlong Kwang, approximately 4 kilometers from the Park Office. Once known as the Piyamit Village 5, the tunnel was operated by Communist insurgents. After almost 40 years of fighting with the Thai Government, the Communist Party was dispersed and became part of Thai Development Participants in 1987.

Story and more photos at thai-blogs.com >>>

------------------------------------------------------------------

Information about Songkhla Province at www.ThailandGuidebook.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Khao Nam Khang Historical Tunnel

Some of the Chinese Communists are still in this area. They have been fighting here for so long that they now have four generations. Some of them are now tour guides for the historical museum.

Thanks

Re: Khao Nam Khang Historical Tunnel

That's amazing. I'm surprised this place has been turned into an attraction.

I thought the Thai communist movement was persona non grata and Isoc had been tasked with doing away with the communists.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Thread Information