PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Thai government says run
    Thanks

Thai government says run

HI

I have just found out my mother in law and many other women in her village are up jogging at 4 in the morning.

Seems the health dept of Thai government thinks there have been too many
    deaths and trips to hospital that might be avoided if the people were in better physical shape so they recommended jogging.

Now every morning on the local loudspeaker they are encouraged to get up and run before work. Of course not everyone does. MY 20 yr old step daughter home from University does not run. While her grandma and aunts do.
    Also seems to be more women than men

I wonder if this is a local village idea or Issan idea or recommended for entire country.

Has anyone heard anything similar from friends or family ?

Thanks

Re: Thai government says run

Aerobics have become popular in Thailand in recent times, also encouraged by the government.
    Many Thetsabaan local area councils have organised sessions once or twice a week at schools or such suitable places. I notice also that the participants are predominately women, probably 95% around here.

Thanks

Do they also encourage "Tai Chi" as part of their routine?

I would vote for "Tai Chi" rather than jogging and Aerobics, like they do in China. Every old person(as well as young ones) were encourage to join to promote the healthy ways esp. to those old people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Surawut View Post
    I notice also that the participants are predominately women, probably 95% around here.
    Hopefully where women lead - men will follow. I have noticed at our local park - in the early morning it is mostly men exercising - in the evenings mostly women.

Thanks

In my Thai family's village in Trang they have a travelling aerobics instructor that comes M-F for an hour and charges 5 baht per person. They do the aerobics on an old elementary school grounds area. It was waaaaay too hot for me to do the aerobics, I just sat with the food vendors and children and ate snacks.

(sorry, I just saw this is in the Isan section...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thailand 2007 016.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	4056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thailand 2007 017.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	233.7 KB 
ID:	4057  

Thread Information