Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Statue of King Rama II in Samut Prakan

Dear friends,
    yesterday I posted this question to Gor and learned that for obvious reasons he cannot answer. But maybe one of you can ???

Dear Gor,
    I am as keen a photographer as you and busy in improving my knowledge of Thailand, visiting the country regularly as a guest professor at Chulalongkorn University.
    Recently I became interested in the Rama kings of the past, and now I am collecting their images (paintings, banknotes, statues). There is supposed to be a statue of Rama II in Samut Prakan. If yes, could you be so kind to send me a nice photo of it.
    Sincerely
    Heinrich (Freiburg, Germany)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Statue of King Rama II

The building that houses the statue of King Rama II is usually closed every time I go there. I did take a picture years ago, but nothing recently. The only time I have seen it open is during the temple fair in October.

Thanks

What's the building, Richard?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is this one. It is a shame it is nearly always locked because the walls contain some interesting murals that show the history of the province.

Thanks

happy Re: Statue of King Rama II

Hello Heinrich. There is a photo of this special statue at the Wikipedia. There are also more photos of statues of "Thai Monarchs" here.

Grüße aus Aachen
    hd

Thanks

Dear friends,
    many thanks to all of you. I have found a most valuable gateway to informations about Thailand, and I will be a frequent (though mostly passive) visitor. Here are my individual replies:
    Dear Richard: I am very impressed by the quality and professionalism of your web presentations. Congratulations and good luck in your role of being an ambassador of this beautiful country.
    Lieber Herr Damm: da wir gemeinsame Interessen haben, sollten wir mal Kontakt aufnehmen (ich weiß nur nicht wie, da man hier anscheinend keine e-mail-Adressen nennen kann).
    Dear all forum members in Thailand: my heart bleeds when I see what is going on in Bangkok. Please save your country from this evil of violence and destruction, caused by populistic and irresponsible politicians and fuelled by reckless media. Take my country as an example to see where this will lead to in the end.
    Greetings from Heinrich in Freiburg, Germany

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Statue of King Rama II in Samut Prakan

There is another statue of King Rama II in Samut Prakan. This one is a standing one and is in front of the municipal buildings of Phra Pradaeng District. He is regarded as the founder of the city. The picture below I took this afternoon during a ceremony to pay respect to the image.

Thanks

Re: Statue of King Rama II in Samut Prakan

Thanks once again, Richard.
    Let me repeat my comments of April 14.
    All the best
    Heinrich

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vahrenka View Post
    Take my country as an example to see where this will lead to in the end.
    Yes with automobiles such as BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, and Volkswagen I don't think Germany has turned out to bad post war.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow View Post
    It is this one. It is a shame it is nearly always locked because the walls contain some interesting murals that show the history of the province.
    Funny, I was at Phra Samut Chedi just once in 2005, and found that small building open. I never knew I was specially lucky then to have a chance to go inside, and would have done more photos then. I have to look through those paper photos from that trip if I did more than just the statue - that photo on Wikipedia was done by me.

Thread Information