PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Visiting Phimai, Prasat Hin Phanom Rung, and Prasat Hin Meuang Tam in 2 days. Can I?
    Thanks

talking Visiting Phimai, Prasat Hin Phanom Rung, and Prasat Hin Meuang Tam in 2 days. Can I?

halo guys,

Im planning to visit Korat around end of May, and will be spending around 2 days in the province. A bit worried though, having heard about the demonstrations happening in Pattaya which I hope aren't spreading to other area. Do you think the city/the provicence safe enough?

Other than that, my plan consists of spending 2 days in the province, with objective being to visit Phimai Park first. Afterwards, I might want to visit Phanom Rung and Muang Tam -- if im not mistaken, those two are actually located in Buriram, farther east from Korat. Is it true that I have to leave Phimai first and get back to Korat again to enable me to take bus/train to Buriram? So, there's no direct bus whatsoever from Phimai to Buriram, isn't there? I havent made decision yet whether I should go to Korat by bus or train, perhaps you could advise me which one's better? If I finally decide to go by bus, what/which bus will take me from Korat bus station to Phimai, are there any specific bus numbers and where should I get off?

Furthermore, do you think 2 days would be enough to visit Phimai & the two Khmer temples above? (assuming i'll be arriving in Khorat around noon).
    I'll be backpacking so buses would be, obviously , my main mode of transportation.

I know this is a bit insane, since the gunfight had just happened in Preah Vihear, but it's the only place in Si Saket I'm interested in going. Do you think it's OK to follow the trip in Phimai to Si Saket? (is it faster by bus or train?) -- and how do I get to Preah Vihear? Should it be arranged by travel agency or i can go on my own?

well, I hope i don't seem to be asking too much -- because in fact, I'm keen on gathering as many an information as possible on this northeastern area. Really feel excited to visit it

thank you so so very much,
    Ali

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Visiting Phimai, Prasat Hin Phanom Rung, and Prasat Hin Meuang Tam in 2 days. Can

When I first went to Khorat I wne tby bus. The first full day I went to Phanom Rung and the next day I went to Phimai. The latter is easier to reach. If you want to try to go to both in one day then do Phimai first as it is more of a transport hub. Phanom Rung is in the middle of nowhere.

Thailand is still safe for tourists to visit.

Thanks

Re: Visiting Phimai, Prasat Hin Phanom Rung, and Prasat Hin Meuang Tam in 2 days. Can

Im glad to here that Thailand is still safe for tourists, i will be comming in 3 weeks and i will be staying in Phimai for at least 10 days , i love it there. There is some nice places to eat, and some nice markets to go to. This is my first post ever on the forum woohoo.

Thread Information