Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: New Drainage Canal for Suvarnabhumi Airport

This is now back up on the aqueduct looking south towards the Gulf of Thailand.

This is a closer look showing the empty water channel and the Gulf beyond. The factory is nothing to do with this project. In fact, it has to go around it slightly.

This angle shows you the road below. The first road is a new one for doing a u-turn if you are driving on either side of the canal. The road in the distance is Sukhumwit.

This is the aqueduct over Sukhumwit Road.

-----------------------------------
    Samut Prakan Online News

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This is now on the other side of the road looking north to the aqueduct. The water here is high tide.

Closer to the sea now.

And now looking the other way to the Gulf. Hopefully we will also get an invite to the grand opening when they turn on the water pumps.

-----------------------------------
    Samut Prakan Online News

Thanks
    Thanked 4,978 Times in 3,188 Posts

Looking at the maps, it seems the opportunity has been lost to build a light railway or similar on top-if only to carry freight to the airport.

Thanks

Re: Drainage Canal for Suvarnabhumi Airport โครงการระบายน้ำบริเวณสนามบินสุวรรณภูมิ

Hello Richard, Do you have an update on the Suvarnabhumi airport drainage canal.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Drainage Canal for Suvarnabhumi Airport โครงการระบายน้ำบริเวณสนามบินสุวรรณภูมิ

I drove past the northern end a couple of weeks ago where it is supposed to cross Thepparak Road to reach Samrong Canal. I could see that the irrigation canal was almost to this point and they had a temporary dam to keep back the water on the south of the road. They were still building the road bridge across the road here. I am not sure how the irrigation canal will cross as Samrong Canal is on the northern side. I will probably go again to take a look in about a month or so. Maybe see if I can drive down alongside the irrigation canal yet all the way to the Gulf of Thailand.

Thanks

I find this project to be very interesting. I would say it is very impressive to see in reality. When in Bkk next month, I will try talk my wife into going there and have a look, before we go North.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Remind me nearer the time and I will go and check out the latest. We are hoping we are going to get an invite for the grand opening.

Thanks

[IMG]BANGKOK AQUEDUCT[/IMG]
    Depending on the flow rate, water cascading around or over the concrete blocks on the down ramp should look spectacular. I presume they are there to slow down the flow.
    With out the blocks, it might have been a good tourism attraction, hire out car tubes etc, for people to go for a ride, that would've been fun.

Thanks

Hello Richard, do have any news regarding the canal opening.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The last time I looked they were still building the bridge at Theparak Road. If there is an opening ceremony I am sure we will get an invite.

Thread Information