PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Looking For An Oven
    Thanks

Looking For An Oven

Was wondering if anyone had any experiences buying an oven in Bangkok? I'd like to get some recommendations of a good oven that is not too expensive. Should I be looking at western brands only, or are there some good (cheaper) Asian brands that would be reliable.

Thanks in advance,
    Simon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Looking For An Oven

Some good questions. I wish I had bought an oven for my fitted kitchen but it is a bit too late now. From experience, I would say it is not common for Thai people to have ovens in their houses which then makes it both harder to find and more expensive. There are of course some various microwave ovens you can buy if you don't have room. For a proper oven with hot plate on top then I would suggest you visit Homeworks or Homepro.

Thanks

Are you looking for a full-size oven with the cooking rings on top, or just a small oven big enough to put a whole chicken in, for example?

I've been looking around for the smaller standalone oven type for a while. I've seen some in Carrefour but they are still a bit on the small side for my liking.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Thanks

Thankyou for the replies Richard and Sparky. I'm looking for just the oven as I already have induction hotplates. I found a Fagor oven advertised in a Homepro brochure today for 13900 baht. This would really be pushing the budget but for a Western brand it is the cheapest I have seen.

Thanks

Out of curiosity , are you looking for an electric oven or gas burning one? Is this for personal use or for a business?

Thanks

Hi rcalaimo. It would be an electric oven for personal use.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

From my experience, the cheap ovens are not very consistent. IThey will require a lot of experimentation to arrive at the correct temps.

If you are simply heating or browning, a cheap oven may suffice. But, if you are a serious baker, save for a better oven.

Thread Information