PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Dan solo

Thread: Dan solo

Thanks

Dan solo

By Suwitcha Chaiyong

Pop idol diversifies

Success with boy band D2B and the pop duo Dan Beam made Worrawech Danuwong (Dan) a teen idol. Now 24, Dan has proven himself to be a multi-talented showbiz superstar. He's successful as a singer, songwriter, music video director, actor and drama producer.

Dan recently started working on a new self-titled album that mixes pop with a variety of different music genres. His latest single, "Chai Hua Jai (Using My Heart)," combines pop with techno dance rhythms. Dan wrote and produced the song, and he also directed the music video.

Student Weekly recently met up with Dan at the Sony office. He told us about his new album and his busy life as a solo star.

STUDENT WEEKLY: What inspired you to write "Using My Heart"?

Dan: I felt lonely during my hiatus. I wanted somebody to talk to aside from my parents and friends. Thinking about that inspired me to write the song.

STUDENT WEEKLY: Was it your idea to mix different styles of music on the album?

Dan: I tried to combine pop music with jazz, hip-hop, R&B, techno and rock. It's fun to not limit yourself.

STUDENT WEEKLY: How did you learn all of the dance routines for your new single?

Dan: A choreographer created lots of dance routines for me, but I cut out some of the more difficult ones. [Laughs.] I practised the moves for six months before I was satisfied.

STUDENT WEEKLY: How do you feel about working as a solo artist?

Dan: I feel lonely. Before, when I was exhausted, I could always turn to Beam for help. We helped each other out when we felt stressed or worn out. Being a solo artist requires more concentration and strength.

STUDENT WEEKLY: Have you ever thought about changing your cocky image?

Dan: No. I just look cocky because I don't know what other facial expression I should have. I don't really care if anybody dislikes me because of that.

STUDENT WEEKLY: How did you start working as a producer?

Dan: Somebody I know wanted to produce a drama and asked me to help him. I didn't expect the TV executives to give us a green light so fast. I think our team made them feel confident. It's the same cast and crew that worked on Pee Kaew Nang Hong [Tragic Oboe].

STUDENT WEEKLY: Have you ever wanted to just be like an ordinary person?

Dan: Never. I've gained a lot from my work. I have numerous fans who love me and don't expect anything in return. My fans always take care of me and encourage me when I'm criticised in the media.

Also, my financial status makes my parents feel confident that I can look after myself. I enjoy my work. If my singing makes people happy, then I'm happy.

STUDENT WEEKLY: Is it true that you plan to travel around the world one day?

Dan: Yes. I couldn't even dream about flying anywhere when I was a kid. When I finally got to travel overseas, I was thrilled with everything that I saw. I even took photos of walls and rubbish bins. I always love to see new things.

I plan to travel around the world when I retire. I always get itchy feet, so I can never just stay in one place.

Did you know
    Dan published a book about his trip to Shanghai called Live Walk by Dan.

Source: Student Weekly

Thanks

Re: Dan solo

Aaaaawwww....he's lonely! Dan, just pm me if you need a friend!

Thanks

I think it's cute how he always brings up Beam and always talks about him fondly. Not every musical group is composed of friends, so it's nice to see Dan and Beam really had/have true friendship~~~ ^__^

I've been really impressed with all of his solo stuff so far, Dan has really proved he's quite diversified and multi talented, for sure for sure~

Thanks

Dan's range has always been the widest (of the D2B boys) and I'm surprised he's "lonely" as I think he would have had the most confidence moving forward with a solo career.

Thread Information