PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Music review: Big Ass
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Music review: Big Ass

Veteran rockers get funky

Big Ass
    Love
    Genie Records

After more than 15 years in the music business, Big Ass have managed to maintain their high quality. The guys are still one of the most popular rock bands in the kingdom.

The previous two Big Ass albums set such a high standard that their latest album, Love, might not completely satisfy the band's fans. Like their first album, the songs on Love mix hard rock sounds with some funky disco elements. This album almost sounds like an updated version of their original sound.

Along with their usual rocking songs, Love contains some signature Big Ass ballads like "Yang-Noi (At Least)" and "Foon (Dust)." Those two tracks sound like they could be big hits for the band.

Big Ass' last two records were so good that Love is unable to improve on those efforts. But at least the band has tried to do something a bit different, and Big Ass fans should still enjoy Love. - VH

Source: Student Weekly

Thanks

Re: Music review: Big Ass

I remember a big hit Big Ass had in 2004 or 2005 that was played in many bars and also played live by bands in clubs but no idea what the song was. Any idea what it could be?
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Thanks

Hi! I think it should be these few songs, you can find them on Youtube now.. my personal favourite is เล่นของสูง aka Len Kong Soong. =)

These are some of their biggest hits during that time..(from what i know)

1. เล่นของสูง
    2. คนไม่เอาถ่าน
    3. เกิดมาแค่รักกัน

จุดแรกคือการพบ จุดจบคือการจาก..
    มีรักต้องพราก มีจากต้องมีเจอ..

Thanks

It could be one of their songs at ethaimusic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jas_dekdee View Post
    Hi! I think it should be these few songs, you can find them on Youtube now.. my personal favourite is เล่นของสูง aka Len Kong Soong. =)
    yeah, Len Kong Soong is absolutely the best from Big Ass. I really love it especially after watching Seasons Change!

Thanks

Len Kong Soong would be my guess too, there was a time (I guess 2004 / 2005 ) when you'd hear that almost everywhere you went. If not, ethaimusic has just about every well known Big Ass song so it's bound to be one of them, probably from the "SEVEN" album.

BTW, yeows is this a new review from Student Weekly ? It seems a bit strange as hasn't this album been out for ages now ?

Deknoi Guest

They've just got such a stupid name. It's like Potato or Ebola.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    BTW, yeows is this a new review from Student Weekly ? It seems a bit strange as hasn't this album been out for ages now ?
    Yea, Mike. It has been out for a long while. Maybe SW has run out of ideas for their magazine.

Thanks

Thanks for those tips guys and gals. I checked then out but still didn't find the song I was looking for.

Jaz, great, thanks. I remember one of those songs well but it wasn't the one I was thinking of.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Thanks

Are you sure it was a Big Ass song Sparky ? As all of their well known songs from that time are on ethaimusic, I think the only one that isn't is ก่อนตาย but that was a lot longer ago than 2005 . Maybe it was Silly Fools/Bodyslam/Potato or someone similar ?

Thread Information