PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Helpful info on Penang needed
    Thanks

Helpful info on Penang needed

Can anyone advise on a decent place to stay in Georgetown to stay, preferably $10 - $30 US a night, around the Chulia, Penang St area?

The wife and I went to Hong Kong over Songkran but since my fave thing to do on holiday is eat new things, i didn't really enjoy myself that much - we found it just too expensive. I mean 150baht for a noodle soup or simple rice dish is on a par with London.

So, i wanna go eat in Penang on our holiday there in a few weeks. Can anyone recommend a good banana leaf Indian restaurant and best hawker area in Georgetown for Malay munchies?

Thanks
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks

Re: Helpful info on Penang needed

There is a few places in Georgetown you can stay.My recommendation is Hutton Lodge.You can visit their website for more info.you have a choice of room with common bathroom or en suite.The rate for double or twin is from RM60-RM90(USD18-USD28)nett with b'fast.It's a quiet place in the middle of town.All room are aircondition.You can book through email or hostelbookers/world and read the reviews.PM me if you need more info.

Thanks

...and don't forget to try the Laksa Penang..
    by the way it's mai pet na ka..

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Hutton Lodge only seems to have like about a couple of double rooms with bath inside, they seem to emphasize bath outside more. Ill let the misses see the site and see what she thinks.
    Im not much of a noodle man, but a shared bowl of laksa penang is planned!
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks

I been there once when my friends stayed there a few days last month.The room and toilet is clean,the aircon is cold and peaceful surrounding with a little bit of garden.It is one of those heritage building that had been refurbish.They serve a light breakfast and the staff are quite friendly.What I like most is the location,it is near to everything eg. food,shopping,sightseeing,entertainment.A free wifi is also available.It is adviseable to book early by sending email to them through the booking site.That's what I did last time.With the big police station behind,I dont need to worry about anything.Chulia Street is nice but seems a bit too crowded(like old khao san road).A van/minibus from Haytai will send you to the doorstep.Have a nice holiday!

Thanks

Dear Steve,

I have an apartment in Penang and only bachelor brother stay there. He is only home after 7PM. He stays in one of 3 rooms. you can have 2 others rooms, one with Aircond and the other with fan. But since he is a bachelor, you can expect the place to be not too tidy. You can collect spare keys from him and have free access to the apartment. The apartment is only one 15-20 minutes bus ride to the heart of Georgetown City.

Be my guest and stay weeks if you want. But if you insist to pay, just donate to Paknam web. My wife and I visited Paknam web last weekend and had lunch with Richard on 15 May.

Khunchin

Thanks

Hi Khun Chin:

Thanks a lot for the freebie offer. I'll have a chat with the wifey a bit later about it - see what she thinks too.
    I'll get back to you soon by email.
    Thanks
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thread Information