PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Paknam Food Festival
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Paknam Food Festival

On the 1st day of every month Paknam hosts a mini food festival. If this day comes at the weekend then they move the event to the Monday. They basically turn a section of Naraiprapsuek Road into a walking street from about 4.30 p.m. onwards. They close the road from the intersection at Bangkok Bank down to the intersection opposite the jetty near Paknam Market. I have marked it on the map here:

http://www.paknam.com/festivals/pakn...-festival.html

It is not worth travelling far to come here but if you are in the area then it is worth checking out. The next one is this Monday 1st June 2009. The theme this month is Preserving Traditional Thai Food and the event will be opened by the Governor.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Paknam Food Festival

Samut Prakan Governor Mr. Kwanchai Wongnitikorn is seen here at the opening ceremony for the Paknam Traditional Thai Food Festival this afternoon.

We were entertained with the usual performances.

Local school students were the performers.

Here Mr. Kwanchai is being taught how to wrap traditional Thai desserts.

Here is a selection of some of the Thai desserts.

It is getting a bit late now and I have another event to attend in the morning. I will post more pictures of this food festival tomorrow together with a full report. I am sorry, I am getting a bit behind with posting pictures and reports. In-between everything today I was also at school teaching.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Over the next few days I will post some of my pictures of the foodstalls that were at the Paknam Food Festival. I have numbered them if anyone wants to have a go at identifying the food. I will add captions later.

Thanks

Pardon me for saying this. I may be the odd man out. But Thailand is a Buddhist country with close on 100 per cent Buddhists.

Buddha Dhamma teaches to restrain the appeasing of five senses, including the taste buds!

KoonKap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by senaratne View Post
    Pardon me for saying this. I may be the odd man out. But Thailand is a Buddhist country with close on 100 per cent Buddhists.

Buddha Dhamma teaches to restrain the appeasing of five senses, including the taste buds!
    But this is originally a food market which now have more activity cuz it is food festival, you know like promoting sales of flowers in valentine day.

It is all business and profiting everyone, religion has nothing to do with this, I might be the odd one, but this how I look to it.

Peace.

Thanks

Your making me hungry.

Thanks

Bon appetit, Paul.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Here is the next batch of pictures taken at the recent Paknam Food Festival on the southern end of Naraiprapsuek Road. This takes place once a month and they close this section of the road in the evening to make a walking street. Most of these stalls come from the popular Racha Street Market. I have started to mark many of my favourite food places on the Paknam Food Map.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Here is the last set of pictures of food vendors at the Paknam Food Festival.

Thanks

Can anyone advise the estimated time needed to drive from BKK(city) to this place???
    Will any Taxis take me there and back too???

Thread Information