PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Forthcoming Visit to Kuala Lumpur
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Forthcoming Visit to Kuala Lumpur

Me and my wife are visiting Kuala Lumpur in October for 3 days and we where
    hoping that your members would be able to worn us about any scams etc.
    Traveling from the airport to the city and back again etc.

We are staying near china town and would like to visit Petronas towers and all suggestions would be appreciated as to other interesting places.

We are only going for 3 days to see if we like the City as we love Chiang Mai

Thank you in advance

Keith and Christine Owen

Thanks

Re: Forthcoming Visit to Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur is totally different from Chiang Mai but the cost of living is almost the same if your dont mind eating in small or medium class restaurant.You wont be boring because there is a lots of things you can do during the daytime and night time.

Food/transportation/lagguage etc,shouldn't be a problem.Kuala Lumpur is a tourist friendly city so dont worry.If you have to buy tickets for bus/taxi/flight/tours or anything,please get it from the appointed sales counter.Never ever buy any tickets from the touts either at the airport or anywhere else.Dont be too friendly with peoples offering you cheap tickets,tours etc.Most taxi in KL dont use meter ,even though they have one.Receipts is available only upon request,so it is adviseable for you to check or bargain before boarding.

China Town is quite a busy area especially during night time where they have the market at "Petaling Street" or "PJ Boutique".There,you can find anything from gucci to LV,From adidas to Nike and much more.At this time the exchange rate is around RM10=Bth975 or USD1=RM3.50 roughly.Enjoy your holiday and always take care of your belongings and beware snatch theft.Kuala Lumpur is not only populated by Malaysian but we also have a lots of illegals,so beware.Most Malaysian can converse in English quite good.Thank you for choosing Malaysia as your destination and I really hope that you'll like it as much as you like Chiang Mai if not more.A good map of Kuala Lumpur is available free of charge at the information counter at the airport and big bus station.

Thanks

my budget is always at least double when I go to Malaysia compared to Thailand. transport costs are the same but accommodation and food are twice as much at the lower end of the range. I would tend to presume the same is true for mid-range and up?

Thanks

Thank you both for your information we are really looking forward to our first visit to Kuala Lumpur and about 10 times to Chiang Mai, We always stay at the Empress and we love the place and we will have a good rest as we will be on our own this time.
    Do you now how much it is from Kuala Lumpur airport to china town by taxi, We are staying at the hotel Midah, Jalan Kampung Attap, on my map it is on the edge of china town.
    We arrive on the 6th October 2009 for 3 nights and then on to Chiang Mai with Air Asia, Thank you in anticipation.

Keith and Christine

Thanks

Dear clwy;
    Hotel Midah is located on the other side of China town and you have to do a bit of walking.During this time of the year I advice you to get some protection from the heat or unexpected rain.To reach China town,it will takes you a minimum of 15-20minutes walk under the sun!A taxi ride to China town will cost you RM10(no meter)!!!There is a lots of hotels nearby or in China Town itself and the price is almost the same as the Midah Hotel you're staying.Have you paid for the hotel?If you you should do another search in the website.Asiaroom.com provides a lot of good choices.A taxi will cost you around RM45-RM60 from the Low Cost Terminal(Air Asia Terminal),the other alternative is to take the shuttle bus to KL that cost you around RM10-RM15 per person.The bus will take you to the KL Sentral station.Get a map when you arrive at the LCCT(Low Cost Carrier Terminal).Actually,in my opinion Jalan Attap is not a very good location for a first timer to KL!

Thanks

Thank you Peeman for your excellent information , We have already booked and paid for the hotel through Asia rooms .com and was told it is a short walk to china town.
    We will be coming in at the International terminal with Etihad Airways and will be leaving from the low cost terminal with Air Asia, is there any difference with the taxi fare from the both terminals,

Thank you again

Keith

Thanks

you can always take a taxi to Sentral and then get a shuttle bus to the low-cost terminal (8-10 ringgit)
    the two terminals are very near each other but about 65 mins away from Sentral so I assume it is a really expensive taxi ride. maybe someone can give a figure.

Thanks

If you arrive at KLIA,you have a choice of either taking a taxi(RM65/taxi) or shuttle bus(RM25/person).The taxi will send you direct to your hotel but if you use the bus,it will stop at the bus terminal and from there they will provide shuttle to your hotel at no extra charge(pls inform them when you purchase the tickets).From KL to Air Asia terminal(LCCT),the taxi fares is almost the same but the shuttle bus from KL Sentral(Main Train Station) to LCCT cost about RM10/person.The shuttle departs every half hour.Reminder,"ONLY BUY TICKETS FROM THE COUNTER".Enjoy your holiday.

Thanks

Thank you again we are looking forward to our visit and hope it will give us a small incite to Kuala Lumpur for a future visit.

Keith and Christine.

P S Hello David

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Have a great trip, and, as ever, please report back here as to how you got on.

Thread Information