PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Thai language school in Isaan ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kitty Guest
    Hello there,

I am just wondering if there is a Thai language school somewehere in Isaan?

I feel that e.g. Khon Kaen or Khorat would be nice places for me to study for a couple of months, but unfortunately I have only read about schools in Bangkok and Chiang Mai so far....

Thanks for your help,
    Kitty

Thanks
    hello kitty,

I am almost certain Khon Kean has a university, so I think there will also be the possibility to learn thai there. but I am not sure about it.

good luck

Thanks
    There is definitely a university in Khon Kaen. I would be surprised if they had a Thai language class though.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those that understand BINARY and those that dont.

Thanks
    It would be nice to go and study somewhere less touristy like that.
    the only certainty is uncertainty

Kitty Guest
    I have spent some time at KKU already and it is certainly a very nice university and would be my favorite place to study Thai. However, I've just checked their website and I couldn't find anything about a Thai language course.

I only found a small hint on the Internet on AUA having 'up-country' branches in Khon Kaen as well as even in Mahasarakam. Yet, they seem mostly active in teaching English there. Has anybody been there in Khon Kaen or Mahasarakham and done a Thai course with AUA?

Still hoping for some advice on where to learn Thai in a very friendly environment in Isaan, private schools would be very interesting as well as I do not have time (and money) to register for a full term.

Cheers
    Kitty

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi Kitty
    Now I am living in Khon Kaen.

Kitty Guest
    @Mike, thanks for the link, I will keep this option in mind, the school in Nong Kahi seems a good idea. Unfortunately, the two-week course is rather expensive, especially as I wouldn't need the cultural program after lessons as I have been to the sights in and around Nong Khai already.

@My savingGrace, I envy you living in such a nice place as Khon Kaen ! Have you come across a language school there?

Cheers,
    Kitty

Thanks
    Hi Kitty,

I will be working at Khonkaen University during the period of 22-25 January 2004.
    If you feel like having a chat with me to practice speaking Thai, please come to the booth called ABC FOR THAI KIDS at KKU Innovation 2004 Show.

Cheers,
    Pichai

Thanks
    hey kitty, yeah the one in Nong Khai is expensive if you're talking about St.Pauls. There's also a technic one there too and another one called Pathum Thep. I went to St Pauls a few years back to learn to read and write Thai only for a couple of months though but i didn't like it at all. Don't get me wrong Nong Khai is lovely. You could also try some schools in Udon Thani. Best of luck

Thread Information