PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Learn Thai on the Paknam Web Network
    Thanks

Learn Thai on the Paknam Web Network

When it comes to learning about Thailand, the collection of websites found under the Paknam Web umbrella should be your first stop on the Internet highway......

Continued at: http://womenlearnthai.com/index.php/...m-web-network/

More excellent resources for learning Thai can be found at: http://www.womenlearnthai.com

Thanks

Re: Learn Thai on the Paknam Web Network

Thanks Sawatdee! When I started poking around Pakman Web Network for a resource post on WLT, I was blown away at the many sites I found for the Thai language learner. I knew about some of them, but not all.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am sure everyone in the "Learning Thai" community are very grateful with your hard work in bringing together not only a valuable list of resources but for also for discovering new ways of learning the Thai language. I am sure there must be ways that we can work together to help the wider community better.

Thanks

Thanks Richard. I'm having a blast compiling everything I can on learning the Thai language. When I first started I assumed there would be a limited amount of learning resources available and that would be it. I was so wrong.

You've already done so much already (I keep finding more), but working together to help the Thai learning community is a great idea.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

When I first started learning Thai by myself (I was backpacking between Thailand and Australia) I was very frustrated by a lack of resources. I left Thailand with an English-Thai dictionary. I already knew the sounds of the alphabet by that time. But, by reading the dictionary every evening and on long journeys it made me far more confident. My only other resource at that time was a Thai/English copy of the New Testament that I found in a secondhand bookshop in Indonesia. That gave me more reading practice. Once I got to Australia I thought it would be much easier but I still found it difficult. Back then we didn't have Internet.

A few years later, when I was in Thailand making websites, I still remembered what it was like for people outside the country who wanted to learn Thai. So, that is the main reason that we started making the "Learn Thai for Free" lessons. We also started collecting together resources for reading, writing and listening to Thai. At the same time, we were getting letters from people asking where to buy books and dictionaries. And that is why we started the bookshop. Ten years later, the learning Thai products are still our bestsellers.

Thanks

Reading from a Thai-English dictionary and an English-Thai bible from the beginning? I'm impressed as it must have been hard going.

Becker's Thai for Beginners was the first Thai course I bought, but having access to a site like this would have gone a long way to help.

I had the book, but I was not living in Thailand. Everything was confusing and I didn't really have anyone to ask. Well, there was one Thai lady teaching Thai in my area. But, when she started explaining tones (a first for me), she then launched into how fantastic her previous student was (apparently this guy was so amazing, he did not even need tone markers on the Thai transliteration)... so I slunk out of there, never to go back :-D

People started out today are so very lucky to have all of the resources you've put together, that's for sure.

Thread Information