PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Cabinet orders tutorial schools and net cafes to close for 2 weeks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Cabinet orders tutorial schools and net cafes to close for 2 weeks

Tutorial schools and net cafes to close for 2 weeks

INFLUENZA 2009
    Tutorial schools and net cafes to close for 2 weeks
    By The Nation

The cabinet on Thursday agreed to order closing of all tutorial schools and asked net cafes to close for two weeks as a measure to prevent spreading of the influenza 2009.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Cabinet orders tutorial schools and net cafes to close for 2 weeks

I hope they are going to compensate them for loss of income. This is the last thing they need in a recession.

Thanks

I hope they are going to compensate them for loss of income. This is the last thing they need in a recession.
    They didn't here in the States when everything closed. It was a mess. Parents missing work for two weeks to be at home with the students (day cares were ordered closed, too).

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

"The Nation " reports, via a photo caption, that the closure will begin next Monday, July 13.

KoonKap Guest

Bars and night clubs more crowded than internet cafes? why the rules are not applied here too?

Buses, trains and airports too?

The best is to shut the country for 2 weeks, call it massive vacation,,,hmmm, sort of.

Peace.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think the government are really going crazy (and the press too). They just want to be seen to be taking action. If you are going to close cram schools then you should also close, cinemas, concert halls, shopping malls etc. What is the difference?

KoonKap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow View Post
    I think the government are really going crazy (and the press too)?
    "(and the press too)"

They are already crazy before my father was grandma's baby.

Peace.

Thanks

One point is that it seems the risk of infection is much greater in teenagers and young people. Those of us over 40 have a much much lower chance of getting it.

One of the government's points is that the tutorial schools bring together kids from many different formal schools and this has facilitated the spread when it could have been isolated after being identified in particular schools.

Against this, the association of tutorial schools (not sure of their formal title) has noted that several young people from the provinces caught the flu when they came to Bangkok to take GAT/PAT exams and watched the concert afterwards (even a couple a deaths resulted, I think). But the government is going ahead with more mass GAT/PAT exams over the next couple of weeks.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me to ask places to close IF (big if) that is based on genuine data showing that those places are a source of infection.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

I can see a good argument for closing internet cafe's. People cough and sneeze whether into a handkerchief or directly to their hands or not, there is a good chance of the virus getting on to the keyboard. And then someone else comes and uses the keyboard.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think we should close all food shops too and restaurants. The other day I saw someone sneeze while preparing the food. Then they just wiped their hands on their trousers. The other week I was at an event and a waiter was coming around with a tray of desserts. The guy opposite me reached for one of the desserts and at the same time did a big sneeze. The sun was behind him and I just saw this fine mist go all over the desserts. Everyone else on the table just then pretended that they were too full for any dessert. The waiter didn't seem to understand the reasoning behind this and just went on to serve another table. Any other time that would have been funny. But not these days.

Thread Information