Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Rub Bua Festival 2009 - Pictures and Maps

This is a boat carrying some students playing traditional Thai music.

Another look at the road bridge and the view of people behind. This is where most people are waiting.

This is the area in front of the temple. You cannot see here but it is at least ten people thick. You should get a better idea from Panrit's pictures as he shot from the bridge. Can you spot a famous Thai boxer? There is a close up of him in my video.

Another shot of the crowds. Some of these people came as early as 6 a.m.

In front of the temple.

The dancers are still at it.

And here comes the boat carrying the Buddha coming out of the sun. You can see ehre how much they cleared the bridge. It is not good to be standing above the Buddha as it passes below.

This is my last set of pictures for tonight. I will upload more tomorrow. I think Panrit also has some more. This is one of our major festivals of the year. Our next one is the temple fair next week.

------------------------------------
    Samut Prakan Online Weekly News

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The video is uploaded now:

www.paknam.com/videos/rap-bua-festival.html

You can subscribe to our youtube channel if you want to know as soon as we have uploaded a new video.

www.youtube.com/user/paknamvideo

Thanks

Some more of my photos at the festival:

These are the photos of people waiting for the boat by Wat Bang Phli Yai Nai (วัดบางพลีใหญ่ใน). These photos was taken at about 7.30 a.m., about half an hour before the boat came by. The festival started a bit late this year because of the rain that poured down for about one hour. Even if it was raining people still stood in their spot not moving, maybe they were scared that someone else will take their position!

ภาพเหล่านี้แสดงให้เห็นถึงประชาชนที่มาร่วมงานรับบัว ประจำปี 2552 ที่วัดบางพลีใหญ่ใน ถ่ายเมื่อเวลาประมาณ 7.30 น. ครึ่งชั่วโมงก่อนเรือมา ปีนี้ได้มีฝนตกลงมาประมาณ 1 ชั่วโมงทำให้งานเริ่มช้า ถึงแม้ว่าฝนจะตกประชาชนก็ยังยืนอยู่กับที่ไม่ยอมถอยห นีไปไหน อาจกลัวว่าจะโดนแย่งที่ไปก็เป็นได้

Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thanks

These are the photos I took of the boat parade at Wat Bang Phli Yai Nai (วัดบางพลีใหญ่ใน). The people didn't only just throw the lotus on the Buddha boat but they threw it on the floats as well. I felt sorry for those girls on the boat, hit by lotus which probably hurt then!

Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Rub Bua Festival 2010 - Pictures and Maps

The Rub Bua Festival is next Friday, 22nd October 2010. All other details are the same as above. I will probably be there from about 6.30 a.m.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Rub Bua Festival 2010 - Pictures and Maps

You can see my photo album for the Rub Bua Festival this morning here:

http://www.paknamphotos.com/index.ph...-festival-2010

Thread Information