PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
ขอช่วยน้อยบ้างนะคับ - Page 19
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: ขอช่วยน้อยบ้างนะคับ

Do thais say this when asking another person? - คิดว่าอย่างนั้นnope we say ก็คิดว่าอย่างนั้นแหละ well i just think like that or i think it's right
    eg: this movie lo0ks interesting. shall we catch it? คิดว่าอย่างนั้น (what do y0u think?)
    in this case, better use ดีไหม? หนังเรื่องนี้น่าจะสนุก เราไปดูกันดีไหม? or คุณว่าดีไหม?

i also came across this few words but can't figure it out myself..thanks in advanced!!
    1. การบนบาน is when you pray to the god or angels etc to make sth come true ...and if it does come true....you promise to give them something or do sth in return. You can....buy 100 boiled eggs for the God or eat vegetarian for 1 month anything...up to you....i even saw my seniors run around the school for 10 times when she got into the uni
    2. เพลงสตริง String Song....is actually how thai people call the pop music
    3. ฝนธนสุนทร ฝน ธนสุนทร is a famous female singer....she sings Looktung song...i don't know her songs....so just google her if you want to know more

Thanks

alvin use your thread again dont mind.

PIM, need your help... how do i translate the sentence below to thai?

"if someone does something bad to you doesn't mean you have to do the same thing back to spite the person. thats being childish!"

Thanks

im just trying... hope you can correct my sentence or change it to something better or more formal

สมมุติว่าคนอื่นทำอะไรที่ทำให้คุณไม่ช่อบคุณไม่ต้องท ำกลาบนะอย่าทำตัวเหมือนเด็ก

Thanks

"if someone does something bad to you doesn't mean you have to do the same thing back to spite the person. thats being childish!"

ถ้ามีคนทำตัวแย่กับคุณ แล้วคุณทำตัวแย่กับเขาเพื่อเอาคืน นั่นหมายความว่าคุณทำตัวเป็นเด็กไม่รู้จักโต

what is "spite"? i guess from the context so if someone tells me what "spite" is...mabe i could change the answer

Thanks

Here is my try ..

- ถ้าใครทำตัวเลวกลับคุณ ไม่ได้หมายความว่าคุณจะต้องทำเลวตอบ นั่นเป็นการทำตัวแบบเด็กๆ
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pimato View Post
    Do thais say this when asking another person? - คิดว่าอย่างนั้นnope we say ก็คิดว่าอย่างนั้นแหละ well i just think like that or i think it's right
    eg: this movie lo0ks interesting. shall we catch it? คิดว่าอย่างนั้น (what do y0u think?)
    in this case, better use ดีไหม? หนังเรื่องนี้น่าจะสนุก เราไปดูกันดีไหม? or คุณว่าดีไหม?

i also came across this few words but can't figure it out myself..thanks in advanced!!
    1. การบนบาน is when you pray to the god or angels etc to make sth come true ...and if it does come true....you promise to give them something or do sth in return. You can....buy 100 boiled eggs for the God or eat vegetarian for 1 month anything...up to you....i even saw my seniors run around the school for 10 times when she got into the uni
    3. ฝนธนสุนทร ฝน ธนสุนทร is a famous female singer....she sings Looktung song...i don't know her songs....so just google her if you want to know more
    ขอแสดงความชื่นชมด้วยใจจริง ที่ pimato เข้ามาแบ่งปันความรู้ และความเข้าใจเรื่องภาษาไทยให้กับหลายๆคนที่นี่จ้า น่ารักมากๆเลยจ้า
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks

thank u pim..!!!
    just to follow up...

เพลงสตริง would be singers like (just to name a few ) Bie The Star, Boy Peacemaker, พั้นช์ or even พี่เบิร์ด..?

1 more thing is that if i present fo0d on the table, i shouldn't say ช่วยตัวเอง right? It's translated straight fr0m english as in: help yourself (to the food)

Quote Originally Posted by moluccan View Post
    alvin use your thread again dont mind.
    Please ask m0re..!!!! hehehe..

Thanks

thanks Anatta, Alvin and Pim!

Thanks

hi alvin should be ตามสบายเลยนะครับ meaning help yourself, dont be shy, make yourself feel at home.

Thanks

ถ้ามีคนทำตัวแย่กับคุณ แล้วคุณทำตัวแย่กับเขาเพื่อเอาคืน นั่นหมายความว่าคุณทำตัวเป็นเด็กไม่รู้จักโต

what is "spite"? i guess from the context so if someone tells me what "spite" is...mabe i could change the answer

pim spite is the desire to annoy, humiliate, or harm someone due to a grudge or something you are unhappy about. thanks for the translation

Thread Information