PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
quick translation help needed, thanks
    Thanks

quick translation help needed, thanks

hi there,

can someone who knows Thai please tell me what the sentence below means, thank you!

Դҹѡ֧ 껫 ٻ ʧèԧ

Thanks

Re: quick translation help needed, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sinderella View Post
    hi there,

can someone who knows Thai please tell me what the sentence below means, thank you!

Դҹѡ֧ 껫 ٻ ʧèԧ
    Here's my best shot: (Its probably not correct, but its the best I can do):

"I think its beautiful ---- I don't have a picture --- it looks pitiful"

I'm sure someone else can provide a more correct translation. The dashes are words I cannot understand
    Ӽ

Thanks

Your translation is quite good, there are many slang words used:

"I think it is cute. You don't have another picture, do you? That's really a pity (that there isn't another picture)."
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks

many thanks all for your quick replies, by the way, is there anything that is strange with this phrase, as i asked someone who is thai to tell me what it means and he won't because he says the sentence is "rude".

Thanks

It's the word ֧ in the first sentence that's rude. Although it just means "you" it's a very insulting and disrespectful way to speak to someone, unless you're very close friends with them and you know they won't mind.

"So you think that's cute, do you ? 껫 You don't have any more photos, right ? I really feel sorry for you."

I'm not too sure how to translate the 껫 bit, I guess it's from meaning to try and act cute in a kind of childish over-the-top way. If you give a bit of context to where you got the sentence or what the photo was like it'd be easier to translate it properly!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It's the word ֧ in the first sentence that's rude. Although it just means "you" it's a very insulting and disrespectful way to speak to someone, unless you're very close friends with them and you know they won't mind.

"So you think that's cute, do you ? 껫 You don't have any more photos, right ? I really feel sorry for you."

I'm not too sure how to translate the 껫 bit, I guess it's from meaning to try and act cute in a kind of childish over-the-top way. If you give a bit of context to where you got the sentence or what the photo was like it'd be easier to translate it properly!
    you're correct about 껫 I just asked for confirmation to my Thai gf

Thanks

If you like more informations about the expression have a look at this Thread:

http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/show...544#post100544
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Thanks for putting this into context Mike, when read and interpreted in conjunction with what I know, the sentence now makes a lot more sense. The sentence is actually in reference to a profile picture that someone has posted of themselves online, the person in the picture had on a somewhat coy and intentionally "child-like" pose/ expression, and so illicited such a posting on their site.

Thanks

Teenage slang language has come again

"Դҹѡ֧ 껫 ٻ ʧèԧ"
    These sentences are rude when saying to other, but OK if saying to a close friend.

Դҹѡ֧ = ͤԴ (ٻҾ) ѡ
    Do you think your photo is cute enough?

껫 = short form of , came from "pretending an abnormal acting for cuteness"
    See, you pretend that over real. (face and acting in the photo)

ٻ = ٻ
    Don't you have another photo, do you?

ʧèԧ = ʧèԧ
    You are so pity. (with funny emotion)

Thread Information