Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Temple Fair in Samut Prakan 2009 งานเจดีย์ 2552

Here are some more of my pictures from the ceremony this morning. After the ceremony finished, the governor walked around to pay respect to the buddha and King Rama II statue in Phra Samut Chedi temple.

Paying respect to the buddha in a chapel at Phra Samut Chedi.

The governor is putting a gold leaf on a buddha image.

Standing in front of Phra Samut Chedi.

Paying respect to the King Rama II statue.

Standing in front of the Rama II statue with his wife and the mayor of Phra Samut Chedi.

Leaving after the ceremony is finished.

I started taking pictures at about 8.30 a.m. this morning at the city hall, I followed the governor on a ferry to Phra Samut Chedi, walked around taking pictures, and finished at about 10.45 a.m. Pretty tired, had to run around to get pictures. Came home to take a shower, had late breakfast, posted pictures and off to do more work at 1.30 p.m. The governor is going to Phra Pradaeng district for boat racing. Interested? Click here

To find out more information and see more pictures, go to www.Paknam.com
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peiyan View Post
    =) Ok you swim, and I will watch and put it on TCB hahahaha!
    Haha sure no problem. Just to let you know i just a newbie (don't know how to kick in the water). If i drowning in the water, who going to save me?

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

You shall just drown

Thanks

So sad that nobody going to save me..sob sob

Thanks

A couple of times in the past I've gone to Paknam in October and there's been a fair on both sides of the river. These fairs have occupied a very large part of Paknam and the crowds have been unbelievable - it would take maybe 45 minutes to go about 300m. Is this fair that's about to start going to be like that?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There is only one big fair at this time of year in Paknam. It is the same one. It is the longest running temple fair in Thailand.

It has been a long day for us today but probably even longer tomorrow. We will be at the City Hall Plaza tomorrow at 7 a.m. for the opening ceremony for the Temple Fair Parade. We will also go to Phra Samut Chedi at 10.30 a.m. for the ceremony to wrap the red cloth around the chedi. We will be posting our pictures and video here tomorrow. The Minister of Interior will be at the ceremony tomorrow.
    -----------------------------------------------
    www.Paknam.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We just got back from taking pictures of the opening ceremony for the Temple Fair and also the Parade through town. We are quickly downloading the pictures as we have to head off soon for the ceremony to wrap the red cloth around the Chedi on the other side of the river. You can see the cloth in the picture above on the truck. This was at the front of the parade this morning. From the point where we were watching it took nearly one hour for the entire parade to pass by us. The red cloth was then put on a speedboat and taken upriver to Phra Pradaeng. That is where it is now. They will have a parade there for the local townspeople. It will then head back to Phra Samut Chedi. It is scheduled to arrive there in about 45 minutes from now. We are about to leave to take pictures of it arriving.

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We just got back from the Red Cloth Ceremony and will start uploading pictures shortly. It is really hot today and I will take a shower first. There wasn't much of a flood this morning at high tide. Maybe the floodwater ib the river wasn't as high today. It was because of the risk of high tide that they decided to move the ceremony forward to an earlier time.

This afternoon we had riot police and security guards from ISOC because of the Interior Minister. Apparently there were 20 red shirt protesters but we didn't see any any. Strangely, last year when Prime Minister Somchai came it was easier to take pictures even though the yellow shirt protest was at its highest. Today, the security guards kept blocking our pictures. I really think they shouldn't invite anyone that is either hated by red shirts or yellow shirts. Let's just have a normal ceremony that families can come and enjoy. Most people had to stand behind the barriers.

Thanks

Since you mention it's really hot today over there. I also can feel the heat here in singapore too. Must be very tough for taking pictures since the security guards keep blocking.. Many thanks for your hard work

Thread Information