PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Dos and donts of dating a (proper) thai girl!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    DONTS:

>Dont arrive at your meeting place after her on your first date.
    >Dont invite her to a bar/disco on your first date and certainly....
    >Dont ask her to bed after your first date.
    >Dont misunderstand if she takes her friend along on your first couple of dates, she's still a little afraid of you.
    >Dont sweet-talk too much with "Oooh i love your...." etc, or she'll think u are a Playboy.
    >Dont visit her parents home if you dont want to take the relationship too seriously, she doesnt want to lose serious face if u leave her.
    >Dont buy her chocolates, she doesnt want to be too overweight for you!!. and....
    >Dont invite her for a romantic walk along the beach, she doesnt want to be too darkened for you too!!
    >Dont complain about this and that all the time, she's wants u to be happy.
    >Dont go complaing about all things Thai, or she won't understand why u chose to live here.
    >Dont dress like you stay along Khao San Road, she wants to feel proud of u.
    >Dont go putting your dirty hands all over her, she wants u to know that she's not 'easy to get'.
    >Dont tell her about any past naughty adventures in Pattaya, or she'll worry that u will be getting up to more naughty tricks again soon.
    >Dont tell dirty jokes and swear out loud, she likes polite men.
    >Dont shout at the waitress when she gets your order wrong, she doesnt want you to get all serious!!
    >Dont boast that u have this and have that, she's heard it all before.

DOS

>Do realise that if she calls u she likes u.
    >Do invite her for lunch and a movie on your first date.
    >Do buy her small inexpensive gifts from time to time, she'll know u are thinking about her.
    >Do be clean and dress neatly, she wants u to smell and look nice.
    >Do ask about her mom and dad etc.., she wants u to care about them too.
    >Do ask to carry her bag for her, she likes a gentleman.
    >Do speak well about Thais and Thailand, she's proud of her country.
    >Do invite her to make merit at the temple, she'll certainly love that.
    >Do try and not smoke or drink too much, she's worried about your health.
    >Do realise that Thai girls are very close to their family and...
    >Do realise that to get into a serious relationship with a Thai means getting into a serious relationship with the whole of her family, she wants them to love u too.
    >Do realise that a date with u is a serious thing for her.
    >Do realise that when you become her boyfriend she'll be thinking about marrying one day. and....
    >Do realise if she sleeps with u she will certainly be hoping to get married one day.
    >Do realise that if she takes u to meet her parents, she knows that's the first step to getting married in Thailand.
    >Do realise that she enjoys doing your washing/cleaning etc..., she wants u to know she would make a good wife.
    >Do realise that if she asks and cares about your health, she likes u.
    >Do realise that most girls would prefer a guy that seriously loved her to an unfaithful guy with loads of cash, she wants u to understand that.

Can you think of any more??

Or would like to tell us of any funny/weird experiences u have had with Thai girls.

Please be kind with any comments and dont take my guide too seriously as i know in my ten years here there are a lot of exceptions.

The above is a reproduction from a column I wrote for a Thai mag a few years ago.

Please guys if u come to Thailand and would like a Thai girlfriend do do do be patient and dont rush into anything. There are plenty of nice girls out there with proper jobs etc.. who would like a farang boyfriend.
    Dont go thinking you'll find the girl of your dreams in a bar!!

www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks
    A Big Thanks to the frightened Farang!

www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks
    Steve, great topic and post.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]What a terrible typing error
    Did you know you are able to edit and/or delete your previous posts. I often go back to correct typing, spelling, and grammatical errors after I have made my first post.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]Dont pay for everything all the time, u want a girl who likes u for what u are and not your wallet.
    Never have never will.

Thanks
    Does anyone have tips on the dos and don'ts of dating a Thai man???

Thanks
    Hi Thailotus

Well, one thing that i have certainly witnessed over the years is that a lot of the Thai guys who date caucasian girls are just as deceitful as a lot of the bar girls that date caucasian guys.
    Ive been here ten years and spent a lot of my freshie years on the southern beaches and in the backpacker areas. To this day i still see at times the same Thai guys but with different girls every time. These are the guys that hang around the beaches of Samui, Krabi, Phang-ngan and the backpackers haven of Banglumphu etc...
    They date a girl but have not sincerity whatsoever and as soon as their loved-one goes back to her home country he's out there again looking for a new girl. Hoping at the same time that she will be transfering monthly money to his bank account. By the time she has come back to Thailand again to see him he will have bedded more girls than she has had noodle soups. But deny everything.
    A lot of girls dont mind dating guys like that but if you want to find a decent guy:

Its difficult, just as it is for the men. Firstly, you need to start frequenting places where you can find a proper guy and i dont mean a beach-bum. Well big pubs and discos are a waste of time the only guys that will start chatting you up will be just like the ones mentioned above.
    Teaching is an excellent way to meet proper guys especially in-company work.
    Around the Chitlom area there are a lot of trendy small restaurants cum cocktail bars where a lot of the caucasian girls go and get chatting with the local guys. Check out the local 'Metro' or 'Farang magazines to find out about some places. As i used to work as a writer here too i was always in the know about the 'wine gigs' etc.. that were on (almost one every night in that area, and free for all&#33 great places for caucasian girls to meet good standard Thai guys.

A lot of (Proper) Thai guys (just like the girls) are a little of afraid of us foreigners. Many of the Thai guys feel that caucasian girls often speak too straight and voice their opinion too much. So it would be best to find a guy that has may be spent a lot of time abroad living or studying etc.. as he would be much more open-minded.

Finally, do remember to be extremely patient before a relationship builds and win the confidence of the family. A lot of the tips on 'Dating a Thai girl' can be used just as in dating a Thai guy.

Good luck.

www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks
    Thank you so much stevesuphan!

This is my first time dating a Thai man and I am not well versed in Thai customs (yet) but through this and other forums etc, am starting to pick up a few things.

Needless to say, I've read a lot of very negative feedback regarding Thai men but as you rightly point out, it's more about the type of Thais that farang women tend to pick (fortunately I'm in a very different situation).

My sweetheart is very Westernised, but regardless, I think in any cross-cultural relationship, it is important to understand each other's backgrounds as it is a part of them.

Many thanks again!!

Thanks
    I would say, if a woman wants to meet a good guy, she should pursue him and ask him out. That will give her the best choice, for what she wants. One of the best places to find a good man is in a hardware shop, find a man that looks good ask him for some advice on how to do some thing and smile at the same time, then if you like him, say would you like to come to the cafe across the road for a coffee.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]...cum cocktail bars...
    What kind of bars are you sending this poor girl to?
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks
    Paul_au, I've read some of your other posts and my goodness, what lady would ever date you? It sounds to me that you want your cake and eat it too (without paying for it&#33. Very odd thinking you have there. I wonder how your parents taught you about love and chivalry...

Thread Information