PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Travelling from Thailand to Bali!
    Thanks
    Hi. My girlfriend and I are going to Thailand for two months in February. In this middle of our trip, we were hoping to go to Bali, Indonesia for about two weeks. We have just began looking into prices, and it seems quite expensive.

Any hints or advice on the ways of getting there. Hopefully somebody has a hint on a cheap way of getting there. Thanks

Thanks
    Hey I did a similar trip about 4 years ago. You can actually get all the way down to Singapore from Bangkok very cheaply by trains and buses, and stopping off at various sights in Southern Thailand and Peninsula Malaysia on the way to break the trip up. From Singapore you can get flights direct to Denpasar, or to Jakarta (lot cheaper) and then make your way across Java to Bali, perhaps breaking at Yogyakarta. It's a really great trip doing it this way and a lot of things to see, but maybe it takes more time than you've got as it's quite a distance. If so, I'm not too sure what other options there are apart from flying out of Bangkok (AFAIK around 12 000B return, perhaps 9000B return to Jakarta). There are the new low cost airlines just launched in SE asia recently like Air Asia or Orient Thai, I'm not sure of the details of them but maybe they have some deals out ?

Anyway, have a great trip.

Thread Information