Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hotels in Samut Prakan Province and near Suvarnabhumi Airport

Here are two hotel maps for places to stay in Samut Prakan Province including the airport:

www.paknam.com/google-maps/hotels-in-samut-prakan-province.html
    www.paknam.com/google-maps/hotels-near-suvarnabhumi-airport.html

There are a number of small ones not listed here but will try and locate them soon. If you have any reviews or hotels that you can recommend then please let us know.

Thanks

Re: Hotels in Samut Prakan Province and near Suvarnabhumi Airport

I stayed at the Avana ( Bangna ) they say it is close to the air port, but it sorta aint. But it didnt take all that long to get there by taxi.
    Like many Thai hotels, the reception area is very nice, the rooms were clean and the bed good. Breakfast supplied with plenty to choose from.
    Because it isnt a 5 star +, the tariff was, I think, more than reasonable.
    Would I stay there again, absolutley.

Thanks

Another hotel we stayed at was the Samran Place where the room was just ok.
    Not all that much around during the day, later in the afternoon quite a few food places opened and it looked a bit more like it. There was also a night club accross the road,
    l know because it kept us awake into the early hrs.

Thanks

Stayed at the Chaophya Park Hotel, very, very nice, opulent to the max, but for me a little expensive. We went out for dinner, just down the road in fact, there is this small rickity out door'ish restaurant. While having our meal, the owner offered us rice wine shots. The company great, the rice wine great, the food fantastic.

Thanks

When in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago, we stayed at the Thong Ta Resort & Spa. Actually, what it is is a hotel and there is no spa.
    We have stayed in a number of hotel in Thailand now and I think this to be a very nice hotel indeed. Very clean, tidy, quiet, comfortable beds and pillows, well looked after and an OK breakfast taboot. To top it off, the tariff was about $28. They even have their own free mini bus transport to and from the airport which is just a 5 to 10 minute drive. lt is off the main st, up a narrow'ish drive, but more than OK. At the end of the short street there are a number of eating places. There is a young man there with yellow signs arrond his stall, it was the best food we had while in Thailand.
    The only down side is, it's a 5 story building and there is NO ELEVATOR. So if you are not into climbing stairs, book early and book a lower floor.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,268 Posts

Thanks for these reports-very useful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khun Don View Post
    Thanks for these reports-very useful.
    My pleasure mate, but it would be nice to read reports from others.

Thanks

I would like to recommend this hotel also. I had a Thai wedding ceremony at this hotel. The Staffs are friendly and polite.

It's Monmanee Hotel dot com, located on Sukhumvit 107 (Baring Road) Samutprakarn. They just opened 2-3 years ago. It's clean and convenience. The end of skytrain line in the future (underconstruction now)

Thanks

I'd like to recommend 'The Colour Living', a 3-star hotel on Theperak-Nam Daeng Road. We stayed in a corner-suite with one bedroom, and a living room with kitchen area and closet near the door. The bathroom's high-up window meant that you had quite a pleasant vista of the city skyline and the balcony with chairs and a table allowed guests to enjoy the sunset over Samut Prakan and Bangkok. The staff were pleasant and helpful, the rates were reasonable if booked in advance over the interent.
    It's well located to enjoy anywhere in Samut Prakan, as it's 26km from the airport and very close to the expressway, supermarket and shopping areas as well as bars and pubs. The near-by Tesco Plus on Srinakarin (a 50b taxi ride away) offers a surprising aray of banks, clothes and restarants, including Boots and Starbucks for weary travellers.
    The hotel restaurant was excellent quality. The cost of internet wi-fi was high but not extortionate.
    For those on a budget, the close-by Rinrada hotel is far more basic affair for 600b a night, or they can do monthly rates for long-stay tourists. The rooms are clean, but basic, and the furniture is aged and rather run-down. They have a gym, swimming pool, and lobby, with basic shops outside for laundry, convenience, massage and food. Wi-fi internet is good value. The staff speak England and are helpful, however, the hotel seemed to be frequented by working girls so I couldn't recommend the Rinrada for families.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Obviously you didn't read the news yesterday! A group of foreign tourists at The Color Living were hurt late Sunday night when their lift on the seventh floor plunged to the ground. Many suffered broken legs and one is in serious condition.

Thread Information