Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Hotels in Samut Prakan Province and near Suvarnabhumi Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow View Post
    Obviously you didn't read the news yesterday! A group of foreign tourists at The Color Living were hurt late Sunday night when their lift on the seventh floor plunged to the ground. Many suffered broken legs and one is in serious condition.
    The emergency break must have failed to pull the lift up sufficiently, but if it had completely failed every one would be dead.
    Personally I have been in a lift in Australia, which has dropped a couple of feet and stopped very quickly as the cable took up the slack and bounced, the breaks activated but it was still a shock, I suspect poor maintenance.

Thanks

Weird coincidence that I posted a review unaware of the lift accident! I've only stayed in 2 hotels in Samut Prakan so I don't have much to go on. I hope the tourists had insurance and wish them a speedy recovery, poor people. That's shocking. I would retract my post but that's not an option.
    On the bright side, the Colour Living may have a new lift now. Is news of this incident online in English anywhere (can't yet read Thai)? Another coincidence is that I was just watching a program about lifts on Discovery channel and the expert was saying how lifts had six steel cables and if five snapped, the remaining cable could support the lift and you could hand another lift off the bottom. I wonder how this lift accident in the Colour Living happened?

Thanks

I've just seen the link on the Twitter page - trusty Google - got a video too!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There was also a lift accident in a hotel in Pattaya this week.

Thread Information