PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
This animal scared the living daylight out of me
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

This animal scared the living daylight out of me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009 october chiang mai 010.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	5818

I survived but only just. not sure I can sleep tonight. this thing jumped out of the drain in the bathroom. I ran away and asked Nu for help in the chatroom. when I went back half an hour later, I didn't see it. I sprayed down the drain, just in case, and it jumped out and ran towards me quickly. Nu says the bigger they are, the slower, but this one was an fast as a cockroach, serious, I wasn't just panicking. about 20 cm. it ran under some storage boxes outside the bathroom but then turned back and I could get it with half a can of mortein in the crawlspace in the bathroom. I am choking. after half an hour of wriggling, it seems to be dead now.
    I have had it all - small centipedes (they are slow and they curl up immobile when touched with a broom, easy to get rid of them), roaches, a rat, a frog, dozens of gekkos, five kinds of ants, I still have a lizard (40 cm) living under my fridge which I cannot get out, it is so scared of me it runs back instead of running for the door. ok, I only had a dead scorpion outside and only a neighbour has had a snake (in her bathroom, all surrounded by walls and a mosquito net). I have never seen this many beasts in the jungle or while camping.
    I am choking on the fumes and I guess I will spend the night upstairs, if I can get any sleep at all.
    it could have bitten me. I was all ready to go to the hospital.
    I want to move back to the 4th floor in a condo. this is why I didn't move out of the old city for 3 years.
    Last edited by Betti; 19-10-09 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks

Re: This animal scared the living daylight out of me

That is hugeeeeee one, If I were you I am sure I could not fall asleep .

Thanks

I got rid of the corpse now, the belly was more yellow than brown. it is terribly disgusting. I will need to sleep upstairs because it stinks so bad down here. it is only a couple of hours to go until 7, though. I am back to work tomorrow

Thanks

betti
    i stayed in crabi for a wedding, late in the night after some karaoke and many a beer, i went to bed in the living room/garage, shutters down, been a sleep for hour or so and felt a crawling feeling on my neck! jumped up and flicked it off, woke up the girlfriend and ahhhhh it was the same size of your bathroom beast! made my skin crawl, i was told i was lucky as i was told they can bite?
    The same night earlier in the evening one of the thai guys had to squash a big black scorpion that came to close where we where eating,,,, only in thailand,, my last visit to pattaya my room had the mosquito mesh damaged in the bathroom, and to my horror a rat would come in every night up into the loft space from out side, late when i would turn the bathroom light on,,,,

Thanks

thanks this makes me feel better
    I definitely need to get the mosquito nets checked as well as put a wire mesh on the rains. Nu also suggests I clean up the kitchen I have always known it but never really minded the ants. there are too many little centipedes for comfort though - and they blend in with the wooden floor. I am lucky that I have never stepped on one.

btw, if it hadn't been 1 a.m., I would have called a neighbour. there is usually a neighbour coming home at 2 a.m. or so from a late shift but didn't want to wait and rely on someone. I hate to be alone. I am still so scared. I was sweating with all the fear and now I don't dare to go back to the bathroom to take a shower.

Thanks

They are in Australia, I have always known them as centrepieds, I think they are harmless, well I've never heard of anyone suffering from them.

Thanks

For sure , you know when you are bitten . Two puncture marks, reddness and swelling that increases with time. Also,your skin gets itchy. Umm Where there is one there are more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcalaimo View Post
    Where there is one there are more.
    is that serious or just trying to be funny?
    I had something like 2.5 hours of sleep.

Thanks

Just the photo makes me queezy

Thanks

Hi betti i believe centrepieds to be harmless,which is what you are looking at how ever the darker one wiht many more legs called milliepieds have a poisonous bite.

How much do you want for your bike?

Thread Information