Thanks

Blue Bay Restaurant ร้านอาหารบลูเบย์

This bar/restaurant is the best place I have found along the Chao Phraya for watching life on the river. It's best just before sunset when the light start to appear on the ships and the sky turns orange over the Phra Samut Chedi.

Blue Bay is - literally - on the Samut Prakarn Pier. This is the second pier off Paknam Market and is reached by walking about halfway through that market and you will see the sign in English.

This is not a place for lunch as it doesn't open till 3pm. Also the bar shares the pier with passengers waiting for a boat till around 5pm, so that's probably the earliest best time to arrive.

One of the things that makes Blue Bay stand out as a bar is it has a fairly wide selection of local beers, including San Miguel and Federbrau. Prices afor a large bottle are about 80 baht on average. There are several whiskies available by the bottle: Dewars, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam white and black and the prices range from just over 600 baht to just over 1,000. The bar is staffed by a number of girls wearing sponsored costumes provided by the beer and whisky suppliers. This means you can count on seeing quite a few pretty girls who are very charming, but there has been no hint of a "bar girl" situation on any of my visits. In other words, I see no reason why a couple can't visit the place and feel perfectly comfortable.

The menu is in Thai, which and I've usually eaten before coming to Blue Bay, so my experience of the food is limited but positive. I've had the deep fried beef a couple of times, and the fried frog. I've also had sweet & sour pork. All have been fine and reasonably priced at around 80 baht per dish. I've seen other visitors enjoy a wide range of fish and meat dishes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Eating & drinking: Blue Bay

That is interesting, thanks. I think I have seen the banner advertising for this recently though I think it might have a different Thai name. I will go and check it out soon and take some pictures.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Blue Bay Restaurant

We went to check this place out this evening. It is not a bad location alongside the river, but really the service and food is just average. There was some sea breeze which was welcome and the "beer girls" were of course attractive. However, they weren't always attentive and we had to sometimes pour our own beer. A couple of them were sitting at a table engrossed in conversation with each other. Another seemed to be entertaining a customer at another table. I am not sure if it was her cousin or not. There were only three tables occupied. Our table was literally on the pier which I presume is only possible in the evening. We went after sunset. There was no draft beer available. We ordered San Miguel (80 baht each) and Singha Beer (60 baht) which is not a bad price. The girls had logos for beer companies which I thought was illegal now. In other local restaurants they no longer have the name of the beer they are selling on their tight and skimpy outfits.

Like I said the food was nothing special or outstanding. There weren't any curries but there were a number of fish dishes. Frog seemed to be popular on the menu. Incidentally, the menu is only in Thai and there are no pictures. It averaged about 150 baht each dish and one of the fish dishes was 250 baht. There were five of us and the bill they brought to us was about 1,200 baht. Luckily we checked it closely. Something we had ordered didn't come and we had just presumed that they hadn't written down or just decided not to cook it because of a lack of ingredients. However, they charged us for it anyway. A good tip is to always check your bill. It happens a lot. We decided to give this restaurant a 5/10. It was a bit on the expensive side as we only ended up with four dishes. However, we probably would go back again. Though maybe not so much for the food.

Blue Bay is open every day from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m. It will stay open later if there are customers.

SteveRojer Guest

Re: Blue Bay Restaurant ร้านอาหารบลูเบย์

You did mention that it is not a place to launch then tell me that how do they meet with their expenses if they open the restaurant too late .How this mystery can be solved.

Thanks

Re: Blue Bay Restaurant ร้านอาหารบลูเบย์

Maybe he said not a place to lunch,however is that a large flatron television to look the football match.if it's happen they're charge the items that we ordered but they decided not to cook for us,probably it's to high.

Thread Information