PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
British Airways vs Thai Airways
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

British Airways vs Thai Airways

Can anyone tell me whether its better to fly British Airway or Thai Airway. Thai Airway is actually £50 more expensive than British Airway and for 2 of us, it means £100 extra !! and I would like to know if its worth it ?

Thank you.

Ferret Guest
    Where are you flying from Cindy?
    I have flown British Airways once and found the service good and the aircraft reasonably modern.
    I have flown Thai twice from Aust to Thailand and the Aircraft are old ( MD11 or 747 )
    The service wasn't to bad but they wanted to put the passengers to sleep for most of the flight.
    There is not much entertainment either as the MD11 doesn't have a television in the seat in front.
    Depending on where you are flying from you could also look at Malaysian or Singapore.

Thanks
    Speaking of airlines. Sorry can not answer your question.
    Singapore Airlines has begun flying from Los Angles to Singapore non stop. In the news, they said it is an 18 hour flight. Lots of amenities. First class is USA $ 11,000, coach USA$ 1100. That is one long flight.

Ferret Guest
    They using 777 Reclaimo? they are my preferred aircraft, plenty of room, comfy seats and inflight entertaiment in front of seat.

Thanks
    They are using the Airbus 342Leadership plane. It has 181 seats. They removed quite a bit of the maximum seating to make comfort a priority. Just thought I would add ,this would set a record as the longest non-stop commercial flight.
    Of course,after arriving in Singapore, you can make connections to Bangkok.

Thanks
    Thanks for all the comments.

Ferret, I am flying from England.

Thanks
    Thai Airways (at least last year) was flying 747 out of Europe. I liked the service and it was cheaper for my wife (who's Thai). However, BA is also a good airline, so if cost is even then I'd go with the least expensive option.

Thanks
    I have Used both Qantas and British Airways to Thailand, I found the service was very good on both airlines, But instead of focusing on just service, what about choosing an airline with the worlds best safety record, Qantas is the worlds oldest airline and holds the record of being the worlds safest airline due to the fact that it has never lost a life due to a crash.

Thanks
    There are (to my knowledge) only three 5-star airlines in existance. Those are British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Singapore Airlines. 5-star airlines are supposed to be the best of the best. Thai Airways doesn't make the cut, so on paper British Airways is better.
    "Random Witty Comment"

Thanks
    Cathay is a five star airline? Hmm...been on it a couple of times and it never impressed me, comfort wise. But it's a tad more economical than the other 2 5-star Airlines that Chai listed.

Thread Information