PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: Thailand - December 2009
    Thanks

Thailand - December 2009

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000875.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	6212

Name:	P1000889.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	6213

Name:	P1000902.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	6214

Name:	P1000927.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	6215

Name:	P1000946.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	6216

Name:	P1000993.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	6217
    I visited Thailand again from the 1827 December. This time, I travelled around Pranburi, Cha-Am, Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Suphan Buri, Ayuttaya.

Some of the Highlights of my trip were the Hua Hin Hills Vineyard, Thaao Ko Sa Forest Park, Phraya Nakhon Caves, Watyaichaimongkhol, Bang Pa-In Royal Palace, Bueng Chawak Aquarium & Zoo, Sam Chuk Old Market in Suphan Buri.

Thanks

Re: Thailand - December 2009

Great photo's, So many places to see and so little time, well that's why we keep coming back for more.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 697 Posts

Nice photos. A bit short on the text though. Don't be shy

Thanks

Can tell us more about your trip. Could be useful for other's traveller.

Thanks

Yes I will post more details in a day or two and would be happy to answer any questions too :-)

Thanks

I arrived at the Suvanabhumi Airport early morning on the 18th and my Thai Girl Friend was there to meet me. I first visited Thailand by ship (I was working onboard) around 1991 and immediately fell in love with this beautiful country & its friendly people. Since then, I have been returning for workshops/seminars etc and after I met my TGF about 15 months ago I have returned twice on holiday.

I don’t have a Thai driving licence nor can I speak the language yet. All the driving & navigation was done by my TGF with the help of a road map & occasionally asking people. Due to this, I might not be very accurate on directions, routes etc.

The first day we drove from BKK to Pranburi where I had planned to meet a former colleague who was living there. He and his Thai wife recommended the Ban Haad Pran Hotel for us especially because it was in close proximity to their condominium and its restaurant's good food. A very basic, clean & friendly place by the sea.

Whilst been here we visited the Hua Hin Hills Vineyard & on the way there is a nice temple you could visit too – the last part of the road to the Vineyard is not too good. We also visited and spent only a little time at the Thaao Ko Sa Forest Park and had some delicious food at a wayside restaurant nearby.
    After 2 or 3 days, we started moving and came to the Baan Nakara Hotel– Pranburi. Once again, a simple, quiet & unsophisticated hotel and I feel you get your moneys worth. The swimming pool was nice – most of the time we had it to ourselves!

Our next stop was in Suphanburi. Here we stayed at the Khum Suphan Hotel. While here we drove around visiting the Banharn-Jamsai Tower which overlooks the beautifully maintained Chaloem Phatthara Rachini Park. The Old Sam Chuk Market along Tha-Chin River too is around here. Bueng Chawak - this natural freshwater lake covers a huge area of over 1,080 acres. Here you can see the Bueng Chawak Aquarium where you could see many types of fish including big sharks (you could see divers feeding them at times), Freshwater Crocodile Pond, a large Aviary, Tiger and Lion Cages and many other animals. Also you could visit the Dragon Descendants Museum in
    Suphanburi too.

At Prachuab Khiri Khan we visited the Tham Phraya Nakhon Cave & Laem Sala Beach. Beautiful place – but a word of caution! Be prepared for a long walk along a rocky trail and be ready for a steep climb on equally rocky ground! The going is quite tough – but well worth the effort.

Light weight luggage and a good pair of shoes suitable for climbing would be a definite asset or I would say a must - which I did not have, as I did not know in advance about the climb! At the start there is a notice pointing to the path ‘Walk way to Phraya Nakhon Cave - 1 km’, but later you realise 1 km is quite far!

As my departure date was nearing, our next stop was at Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya or Ayutthaya - 76 km north of Bangkok. Our board was the Krungsri River Hotel.

Here we visited the Watyaichaimongkhol, Bang Pa-In Royal Palace, amongst many other interesting places.

Overall it was a super but too short a holiday and I am happy to say I have no negative incidents to mention at all. For someone with more time to spare this route would afford very much more places to visit.
    If anyone need more detailed information of the places mentioned, you could ‘Google’ it or I am happy to answer whatever I can.

Thread Information