PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Thai wedding
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thai wedding

Thanks
    I'm off to a Thai wedding this year or beginning of next in the North East and I dont know what kind of clothes I have to wear?? Its my boyfriends, sister getting married. Can you help me please.

Thanks
    Something smart is OK - doesn't matter if it is Western as you are not actually taking part in the ceremony. Take a look at Gor's wedding album. You will see a couple of foreigners:

http://www.thailandlife.com/wedding

Thanks
    I got married to a Thai wonderful woman in the Northeast - near Yasothon. Five long, brutal hours. My knees will never be the same again. Great village though. Everyone came and everyone treated me like part of the family (which I guess I am now since everyone is related to everyone else in the village).

We've since bought property there and plan to move there when I retire from the US Army in the not very distant future.

Ferret Guest
    howdy Mac,
    I got married in a villiage near KhonKaen and I didnt have to endure 5 hours but I had bad knees at the end. I have gotta scan my wedding photos in, will do it soon.

Thanks
    Well I loved the place. Had a great time. The wedding was a trial, but OK, it's only one time. The cost of living is so low in the villages of the NorthEast that I can live on my retirement easily. My after tax retirement pay will be 90,000 Baht a month. Once the house is built there won't be many expenses so living there would be easy.

Ferret Guest
    where do you live Mac ?

Thanks
    Well right now I live in Germany. I'm about to move to Somalia for a year (work). Then I am moving back to Germany for three years. THEN I am moving to a village in Ampur Saimoon in Yasothon province.

Thanks
    Well, It does Matter what you wear. As you are very much a part of a Thai wedding. You are also expected to be politly dressed (OK very concervitive by may tourists standards) and not wear Black as that is the color for funerals.

If you dress as if you belong, you will be very much part of the wedding but if you dress inapproperly you will be politely left on the outside. I have been to many weddings with westerners attending and those that tried to make the effort were well rewarded by being treated as honoured guests.

Thanks
    @somchit how about black shoes?

Thanks
    No problem! You will not be wearing them during the ceremony most likly.

Thread Information