Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Bangkok Noi Walking Trails

A really nice walk, Wat Rakang is a very nice less-known temple, I have visited it several times already - see my blog for some photos. Walking north you'll pass through a market, and then reach Siriraj hospital. I'm not sure if it's possible to walk along the river there, or how to see the old Thonburi railway station amidst the construction of the hospital enlargement which caused the abandonment of that railway station - last I walked that part the construction did not start yet. But also the current railway station is worth a look, not the station itself but the engines - Richard had blogged once about the locos there, sadly cannot find his post right now.

Wat Suwannaram isn't that much interesting however - while it is hosting some historic murals I haven't seen the bot to be open. And from the outside the buildings look quite worn already. But the district museum nearby is worth a visit, though the staff usually does not speak English, all the descriptions on the wall are bilingual.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonkoh82 View Post

Wat Suwannaram Pier is just somewhere near bangkok noi..if travel by boat, it should be faster then the ones mention in the website...
    Guess you misunderstood the map a little bit. You described the direction towards the district office Bangkok Noi, the seat of the administration. A quite boring office building. But Bangkok Noi covers a much larger area - can look at the Wikipedia article for a map.

Thanks

=) Thanks so much for ahoerstemeier for pointing my mistake out, with much appreciation on your information given, thanks...But at least i know is somewhere near thonburi railway..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,028 Posts

YY, I'm curious to know if you ever got around to walking this trail.

I didn't even know it (or is it they?) existed until I saw this thread while searching for something else. I suspect Wat Tha Phra, which I have become very curious about, is along this trail.

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Hi Susana, I think my answer will be "yes" and "no"

"Yes" because I visited some of the places at Bangkok Noi e.g. Wat Rakang, the maritum museum (for the life of me, I suddenly forgot its name) etc .

"No" because I did a klong boat tour instead of walking, and hence did not get to all the places listed.
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yy For This Useful Post:

Susana (17-12-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,028 Posts

You'll have to go again for part 2!

After I wrote this I realized that Wat Tha Phra is in Bangkok Yai, but it was too late to edit my post.

Anyway, I like the idea of a walking tour.

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Haaa, if I do get a chance to go to BKK again and with the luxury of sufficient time on hand, I will certainly love to...
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thread Information