PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Tiger Temple sues Conservationists
    Thanks

Tiger Temple sues Conservationists

KANCHANABURI, Thailand, February 3, 2010 (ENS) - Three advocates for wildlife conservation and welfare appeared in a Kanchanaburi court this morning to answer charges of defamation brought by the Tiger Temple, a tourist attraction in Kanchanaburi.
    Edwin Wiek, founder and director of Wildlife Friends of Thailand, a wildlife rescue center near Hua Hin, has been charged along with two other conservationists over remarks in an April 2009 article published in the "Thai Post," a daily Thai-language newspaper. In the report, accusations were made concerning illegal possession of and trade in tigers at the temple, and abuse of the animals.

Conservationist Edwin Wiek, right, was informed of the charges against him by police in Kanchanaburi.

The other two defendants are Sawan Sangbunlang of the Thai Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Dr. Surapon Duangkae of the Wildlife Fund Thailand under Royal Patronage. This organization closed in July 2009 due to lack of funds.

check the following site for details........ens-newswire.com

Thanks

Re: Tiger Temple sues Conservationists

Read this CWI report and judge for yourself.
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks

are there any studies made by respectable organisations that judge the facility favourably?
    it still gets lots of good reviews, e.g. from two famous and influential travel bloggers from my country just last month. I got a nasty downpour of insults when I linked a few reports like this one, a bunch of people insisted they witnessed no abuse.
    I just don't know what it takes to convince people, and why the authorities don't care.

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Won't go there at all if chance to be in Kachanaburi until/unless the temple clears the air with sound proof refuting the negative reports... The other tourists who still throng the temple to see the tigers probably have not heard/read about the allegations, and/or do not believe, and/or do not care about tigers' animal rights...

Thanks

"I don't care who writes what reports.... I saw with my own eyes that the tigers are healthy and happy. Of course I have no idea what ISO requirements are not being observed. As for then being dangerous, of course they are, they are not domestic felines after all."

just a typical reaction.
    anyway.
    doesn't matter.

Thread Information