PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Different dialects
    Thanks
    I spent weekend in Sukothai and it's really quite interesting to here the different dialect up there. The thai's from Bangkok seem to consider it a different language and ฟังไม่ออก but it's not so much a different language as it is the same words different tones - a lot of rising tones too.
    They use the word ม็อ instead of มั้ย and รึเปล่า is เปล๋า, หนึ่ง is นึ้ง, ก่อน is ก๋อน, ใหญ่ is ใหญ เครื่อง is เขรือง, ฝุ่น is ฝุน, ผ้าห่ม is ผ้าหม and ชอบ is ช้อบ, plus a whole bunch more I can't think of right now. Not only that but family and friends all use กู, มึง, อี and ไอ้ together as well as a lot of other words it just wouldn't be acceptable to use amongst family in Bangkok. It's not that they were being really rude to each other it's just that that's how they speak to each other, the language is just older than in Bangkok.
    I'm just curious as to what other people have encountered with this or other dialects.
    the only certainty is uncertainty

Thanks
    อ่ะนะ อันนี้ก็เป็นสำเนียงของแต่ละจังหวัดนะคะ จะให้พูดเหมือนกันหมดไม่ได้หรอก ถ้าจะหัดให้สำเนียงชัดเป๊ะๆ ก็มาเรียนที่กรุงเทพจะได้ฝึกภาษากลางกับคนรอบข้างได้ นะคะ

Thanks
    i am from GVANGXI ZHUANG AUTONOMOUS REGION, south china. in my homtown people only use กู, มึง not use phom khun.

Thanks
    lannie,
    55 really

Thanks
    yes, here in my hometown people speak a language much similar with thai language, but people use no phom and khun. it is said that in thai language to talk with people, that are not that familiar with gu and merng , is seen to be unpolite. but in my hometown there is not such question.

Thread Information