PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Thai Movies: Ongbak 3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ongbak 3

Thanks

Notice! Ongbak 3

Title: Ong Bak 3
    Director: Tony Jaa, Panna Rittikrai
    Starring: Tony Jaa, Dan Chupong, Primrata Dech-Udom
    Release Date in Thailand: 5 May 2010

The legend of Ong Bak 3 begins after Tien (Tony Jaa) has lost his fighting skills and his beloved stepfather at the Garuda's Wing cliff from the raid led by Jom Rachan (Saranyu Wonggrajang). Tien is brought back to life with the help from Pim (Primrata Dechudom) as well as Mhen (Petchai Wongkamlao) and the Kana Khone villagers. Deep into the meditation taught by Phra Bua (Nirutti Sirijanya), Tien finally is able to achieve 'Nathayut'. His talents are put to the test again when his rivals including the Golden-Armored King's Guard (Supakorn 'Tok' Kijusuwan), the mysterious killers in black, and Bhuti Sangkha (Dan Chupong) return for the final massive showdown.

Movie Trailer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W70Mx6iIKO0"]YouTube - Ong Bak 3 Trailer[/ame]

To see the pictures, movie trailer and reviews, please click here or visit the front page at Enjoythaimovies.com.

More new Thai movies at EnjoyThaiMovies.com >>>
    Suthee "Phong" Buayam
    Learn Thai through music at www.ethaimusic.com
    Buy Thai music online at www.ethaicd.com

Thanks

Re: Ongbak 3 Trailer (5 May 2010)

I'm disappointed that these three films don't build on each other. ...but am very excited to see Tony Jaa in action again!

Thanks

if it isn't a trilogy why are they chained up in sequence..?

Thanks

Currently I am not in Thailand , so I can't see this movie in the cinema, so sad..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alvinkhoo View Post
    if it isn't a trilogy why are they chained up in sequence..?
    I have no idea. I would love to know the answer as well...

Thanks

I suspect the answer is as simple as "overseas marketing".

Ongbak is the ONLY Thai video I've ever seen in any mainstream Australian dvd hire store. That title is easy for an English speaker to pronounce and to remember. It was very popular here in Australia in the dvd rental stores. If you want to get some trickle down viewing for your next big movie, use a title that already has an audience, you're sure to get more viewers that way than if you rely on most people's cultural curiosity!

Ongbak two, seemed to me, at the end, to at least be leaving open the possibility that a future movie might have some "re-incarnation for redemption" motif to tie it to number two, unless I totally misunderstood that final scene and the voice over. (Or perhaps the subtitles translator misunderstood.)

Obviously can't form a judgement until I see Three.

Mikel.

Thanks

I can't wait to see this one when it comes out. The first one was different and the two one was unique in style.

Thanks

I think they are marketing this sequel as "The Beginning" of Ong Bak. Something to do with the Buddha which head was stolen in the original Ong Bak. I'm not sure how the second episode was related though cos I'd not seen it. I'll be skipping this as well.
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pailin View Post
    I'm disappointed that these three films don't build on each other. ...but am very excited to see Tony Jaa in action again!
    fantastic movie, i watched it on the 5th of may and was looking forward to paying 80bht bargain wednesday! to my horror another thai holiday! so full price, 140bht, never mind, kings date to the throne.

Ong bak 2 and 3 are in sequence and they use the name because the first movie was the first successful overseas Thai martial arts movie, also the first movie is set in modern day and the other 2 movies are set in ancient times,

I remember there was lots of trouble at the end of the 2nd movie as tony jaa was not happy and did not want to finish filming the movie so i was happy to see this movie is written and directed by tony jaa himself, the movie is action packed and great fight scenes, there are lots of buddhist beliefs brought up in this movie as in all tony jaa movies, my favorite still has to be warrior king or tom jam gung still though, all fight fans will love this movie, 5 stars from me

Thanks

Re: Ongbak 3

I think Ong Bak was better than Ong bak 2....but if its got fighting in it I like it. Will watch 3 and see how it is but from the trailer it should be good.

Tony Jaa is going to be big the next Jackie Chan...without the comedy....Is his offsider in 3? Don't know his name but he had the blonde hair in Ong Bak and he was the cop in the Protector.

Thread Information