PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Catch 22 When Using The Internet To Meet Ladies. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Re: Catch 22 When Using The Internet To Meet Ladies.

Yeah, agree that some precaution must be exercised when getting to know online friends One time, a lady struck up conversations with me on a social networking website, and finally asked for my contact number. In the end, it turned out that the lady is a man - he's just posing as a female. When I asked him about it, he gave a rather vague reason that someone had hacked into his account and changed his profile and photo into a female's! *dotdotdot*
    Last edited by yy; 12-05-10 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks

Hahaha..so lame

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khonrai View Post
    HI

also there are many scammers" and some who really are trying to help" who will take women's pictures and story's then pretend to be them on line

On internet dateing or chatting sites TRUST NO ONE.
    N not surprisingly, soon after he revealed himself to be a male, he started asking me to lend him money. When I refused, he started throwing his temper and making threatening remarks (as if I owe it to him). I think this really hints alot about what his main motive was all along

Although some posers may be more harmless, like what Khonrai mentioned about maybe helping a female relative to get to have more dates, my this one experience certainly wasn't the case.

Thanks

I even had one guyfriend who complained to me that he had online female friends who asked him outright when he tried to add them to his Friendster list of friends (yes, it was still Friendster then) whether he had a car

Thanks

My my it's indeed shameful for asking people's or strangers money. A long as we are healthy and are able to work, why would there be a need to borrow? Remember we don't own anybody and therefore we should earn honesty with the hard earned money.

Unless it's during an emergency that we have no choice but to ask our best or closest friend..For my case it's even harder for me to ask my parents for help. It's not that my parents don't want to help me but i always find it very hard about opening my mouth to ask..
    Last edited by Jasonkoh82; 12-05-10 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peiyan View Post
    I even had one guyfriend who complained to me that he had online female friends who asked him outright when he tried to add them to his Friendster list of friends (yes, it was still Friendster then) whether he had a car
    Hmm, I guess it's not worth to know such a friend..seriously

Thanks

The internet is as effective a way to meet people as any other way, as long as you understand the rules and have some emotional self discipline.

You can meet liars, cheaters and users at your friends party or at the pub or the club, or at church, wherever you might meet people in the more traditional way. You might be better equipped in face to face to pick up on who isn't genuine but the risks are still there. The traditional method of meeting people generates plenty of broken relationships so that quality is not an internet only quality.

The suggestion that any Thai woman who has decent English skills is therefore probably less desirable because A) she must have learned her English with a lot of internet chatting and so is probably a dilettante or gold digger. or B) She is too westernized. Doesn't really hold water.

Many Thai people had English skills long before there was an internet or easy access to it. Given how much of the internet IS in English, if you decide to be part of the internet thing, and many Thai ladies (It seems to me.) explore the internet for business opportunities, setting up their own websites and such, then you are likely to pick up a lot of English without it, necessarily, having anything to do with the internet dating arena.

The idea that a westernized Thai lady is a problem makes sense only if you plan on finding a Thai woman and you becoming Thai-ized. If not, then any woman you make your partner is going to BECOME westernized by being with you and sharing in your lifestyle and probably your culture and country as well. Logically, what difference does it make if her westernizing process starts before she meets you or after? Unless you've got a svengali thing going on?

Mikel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AzureAussie View Post
    The suggestion that any Thai woman who has decent English skills is therefore probably less desirable because A) she must have learned her English with a lot of internet chatting and so is probably a dilettante or gold digger. or B) She is too westernized. Doesn't really hold water.
    ..........The idea that a westernized Thai lady is a problem makes sense only if you plan on finding a Thai woman and you becoming Thai-ized. If not, then any woman you make your partner is going to BECOME westernized by being with you and sharing in your lifestyle and probably your culture and country as well. Logically, what difference does it make if her westernizing process starts before she meets you or after?
    Sometimes you came across as a nonsense to me. Could this be the main problem of yours as to why you have to be trouting the internet dating site to find a woman to date instead of going out and meeting the real women in their everyday setting?

Now pray tell,.. what wrong with a westernized Thai woman?...since you seem to see yourself as an expert on women.

Thanks

Sometimes you came across as a nonsense to me. Could this be the main problem of yours as to why you have to be trouting the internet dating site to find a woman to date instead of going out and meeting the real women in their everyday setting?

Now pray tell,.. what wrong with a westernized Thai woman?...since you seem to see yourself as an expert on women. (Originally posted by Moxy)
    I suspect something was lost in translation there. Think that Azure is actually posting something positive there that shouldn't be offensive- but i like your attitude Moxy! My 2 cents worth. cheers.
    Last edited by havana; 12-05-10 at 04:37 PM. Reason: To show quote clearly

Thanks

Oops sorry Aussi, MY BAD
    ….just read your post a tad too fast coz I was working at the same time…..so spank spank me!
    Thanks Havana for pointing it out.

May be I need another coffee….hmm

Sorry again, …..ok do carry on

Sincerely and Wai Wai
    Moxy

Thread Information