PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Catch 22 When Using The Internet To Meet Ladies. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Catch 22 When Using The Internet To Meet Ladies.

Well I have only met two woman internationally threw chat, one in Thailand and one in Indonesia and both turned out pretty much the way I imagined them to be, the one in Indonesia I met in real life for the first time in 2008 after meeting on Yahoo chat in 2001 about 6 weeks before I met my former Thai girlfriend online, well I'm still good friends to this day with the indoneasian woman, and the reason is, we have only ever been friends, so she tells me the truth, but her online boyfriends are told lies, I know about her boyfriends but her boyfriends don't know about me as she is concerned that if they found out she had a male friend they would leave and the fact she actually has more than one Internet boyfriend at the same time means these other guys don't know about each other.
    So the rule of the story is the one in Thailand that became my girlfriend and I met 3 months latter did not last very long, but one in Indonesia was only ever friend and has remained a much better relationship long term.

Thanks

Interesting thread, thanks for posting. I'm new to this forum. I tried an online relationship with a lady in China a few years ago, went and met her. Unfortunately it didn't work out. I thought I might check out Thailand as it is another country and culture that I have always been interested in. I enjoy reading any useful information especially regarding dating and relationships with a Thai lady.

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GManUSA View Post
    Interesting thread, thanks for posting. I'm new to this forum. I tried an online relationship with a lady in China a few years ago, went and met her. Unfortunately it didn't work out. I thought I might check out Thailand as it is another country and culture that I have always been interested in. I enjoy reading any useful information especially regarding dating and relationships with a Thai lady.
    Are you interested in your prospective Thai girlfriend per se AND Thai culture, or are you interested in the girlfriend BECAUSE you are interested in Thai culture?

Thanks

To me this is a really a tricky question haha..

Thanks

I would be interested in a gf AND Thai culture; I think it's very important to have an understanding of the culture, the mindset, family ties, etc. to have a happy and successful long term relationship.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

This is just my opinion, so do with it what you like, but I strongly believe it to be a good idea to learn about the country and culture FIRST. If you should become serious with a Thai lady later on, you will then have a good background on which to base a relationship.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djaidee View Post
    is this "Catch 22" expression a commonly used expression in English-speaking Countries and if so why.
    I never read the book or saw the film, and I believe nor did most of the people, but we also have the expression "catch 22" in Hungarian. I think not many people would be able to explain where it comes from. I guess the previous generation was more familiar with the book and started using the expression and now it is firmly rooted in the language. sorry interesting sociolinguistics question.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GManUSA View Post
    I would be interested in a gf AND Thai culture; I think it's very important to have an understanding of the culture, the mindset, family ties, etc. to have a happy and successful long term relationship.
    Yeap and I totally agree with you on this..may your journey for searching a successful long term relationship

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Oops sorry Aussi, MY BAD
    ….just read your post a tad too fast coz I was working at the same time…..so spank spank me!
    Thanks Havana for pointing it out.

May be I need another coffee….hmm

Sorry again, …..ok do carry on

Sincerely and Wai Wai
    Moxy
    No Worries Moxy,

Glad you went back and read me again.

My clarity was not helped by the fact that I was referring to statements made by earlier posters but did not quote them. My bad.

Thanks Havana for helping out.

Mikel.
    Last edited by AzureAussie; 13-05-10 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Additional info and ownership of my bad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Betti View Post
    I never read the book or saw the film, and I believe nor did most of the people, but we also have the expression "catch 22" in Hungarian. I think not many people would be able to explain where it comes from. I guess the previous generation was more familiar with the book and started using the expression and now it is firmly rooted in the language. sorry interesting sociolinguistics question.
    it is commonly used in the US. I read the book ages ago and the only thing that stuck is "catch 22". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22

Thread Information