PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: Short report

Thread: Short report

Thanks

Short report

Long time reader of this site, thought I'd better add something to the forum.

Flew in from Narita late Thursday night, flight was nearly empty. I was the only passenger in business class.

Arrived at 2300 hours, entry hall and immigration was empty. First time I completed entry in less than ten minutes. Met up with my friends, no worries on getting a taxi. Many were available, went straight into Panttanarkam without being stopped.

Drove to Chonburi the next day, all seemed normal. Area restaurants were open, Ansilla was busy with many buying seafood. At 2100 most restaurants and 7-11's closed; although saw many cars and motorbikes past curfew.

Came back to BKK today, went to see Center World, Siam Theatre and Center One. All were destroyed by fire. Did not see many police, only saw two soldiers. Definitely felt safe, in fact BKK had more of a tourist feel with many taking pictures of the burnt out buildings.

If you have an upcoming trip I would not cancel it, best time to come with few tourists around.
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Center-World-ed.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	7340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Center-world-6-ed.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	7341  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Center-world-4-ed.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	7342   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Center-World-5.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	7343  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Siam-Theatre.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	7344   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Center-1-ed.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	7345  

Thread Information