PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Trying to Communicate by Emails
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Trying to Communicate by Emails

There must be someone who has been in this situation. I could use some help.Two months ago I met a woman while in Thailand I live in the USA. We have tried to email to stay in touch but it is not working out to good. When I send her a email I use Google Translation and she says she cannot understand them. It has got to the point she has been so frustrated she now won't go to Internet. Emails from her come out good enough for me to understand. I am using very simple sentences and that does not work. My question is there somewhere on the Internet that has a translator good enough for her to understand. Also I would like to text her and thought Thai Karaoke would be a good way to do that. Is there a machine translator for that. I really like this girl but I can see it going bad if I can't fix this problem. Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Re: Trying to Communicate by Emails

Wait, when you met her and started to like her, how did you communicate with her? Didn't you talk to each other? Then can't you talk to her on webcam?

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

Skype is a good means of verbal communication. If you both have webcams, you can video chat.

Calling cards make international calling cheap and easy. When my wife and I were on opposite sides of the world, I used callthai.net for a source for cards. If you live in Los Angeles, you can always head to Thaitown, Hollyweird, to find cards, but they will be more expensive.

But, one question begs to be asked. If her English isn't good enough to decipher what you might write, with the aid of a simple English-Thai dictionary, what did you guys talk about while here?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

But, one question begs to be asked. If her English isn't good enough to decipher what you might write, with the aid of a simple English-Thai dictionary, what did you guys talk about while here?
    Excellent point.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thanks

these happened to me when i first met with my wife...and because of the thai-english dictionary makes us falls in love and married already...but not just the dictionary book but we also bought the electronic dictionary and i thinks that's better because everytime i send sms to her she will type them back in the dictionary and translate them....but anyway in term of proposing i still needs help from paknam web forumers right to translate what i am want to say into thai..??... till now i still dont know how to speak thai...even with my in law families...and that's the happiest part..whenever i go back to chiangrai

Thanks

Just write simple sentences in English, I am sure she will understand most of it or will find somebody who can translate it to her.

I think to write in Karaoke-Style to her is worth nothing, probably she will hardly understand it, more difficult for a Thai than just simple English.

And yes, the best way would be to talk to her on the Phone or via Webcam.
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djaidee View Post

I think to write in Karaoke-Style to her is worth nothing, probably she will hardly understand it, more difficult for a Thai than just simple English.
    I totally agree with this advice .
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks

My former Thai girlfriend went to an "AUA Language Centre" in Bangkok, there are branches all over Thailand and she learnt how to speak English in 6 months, but make shore if you are sending her to one of these centres, send the cheque directly to AUA and not to her as she may pocket the money and not go to the course, here's the web site. http://www.auathailand.org/

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Hmm, if it's me, I will think it's better value for money to attend the course than use it on some shopping trip that gives a 'high' which only lasts as long as the shopping trip itself. N completing the course can generate shopping money in its own time - meaning after graduating and landing a job with a bigger pay with the newly acquired cert... Hmmm...
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks

HI

whenI first meet my wife I used the internet site sayhai,com it worked much better than goggle.

I don't know where or who translate for 'goggle but if I try and read thairath news translated by google it hardley makes any sense at all.

all so is your GF computer litterate she may have to change the font or set up on the computer she is using to read it I know with my wife at first it came out looking like another language until I explained to her how to change .

but now with skype and web cams it is so much easyer to see and talk if your GF doesn't have a web cam tell her to buy one I bought a tiny web cam for my laptop last time i was in Bangkok for only 300 baht it works great. USB plug in. simple

good luck

If love is meant to be then langauge shouldn't be a problem. if it is. then how will you handle the really big problems when the arise?

Thread Information