Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

happy My new job in Paknam - some questions

Hi,
    I recently got hired here in Paknam.

When the hirer was trying to recruit me, he told me that Samut Prakan was ready to open a BTS station any time soon because the hardware is ready but they are just fixing the software. Now that I am here, signed the contract... is this true in any way? All reports I see say that its been delayed a lot. When will the On Nut line be extended? Not until end of next year perhaps?

Also, can anyone tell me which busses link Imperial World (samrong) and On Nut?

Thanks!
    Jake

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: My new job in Paknam - some questions

You can take the 511 and 508 from Samut Prakan to BTS On Nut. Just make sure that you are not on an express bus that goes via the expressway (yellow sign in front window). I am sure from Imperial you will find more going that way. Don't forget, "On Nut" is pronounced closer to "on-noot" with a short "oo" sound.

The BTS extension to Soi Bearing was due to open in June 2010 but is now delayed for a year. To be clear, even when this opens next year, it still won't mean that there is a BTS skytrain service in Samut Prakan. Soi Bearing is IN Bangkok and this station marks the border with Samut Prakan. We won't be seeing a sky train in Samut Prakan for another five years. Though they have been saying that for more than five years now!

http://map.paknam.com/skytrain.php

Thanks

be careful with that "hirer" or agency. if they told you such a clear lie about transportation, who knows what else is not quite exactly as you were told, for example, work permit, working hours, salary....
    just a thought.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow View Post
    You can take the 511 and 508 from Samut Prakan to BTS On Nut. Just make sure that you are not on an express bus that goes via the expressway (yellow sign in front window). I am sure from Imperial you will find more going that way. Don't forget, "On Nut" is pronounced closer to "on-noot" with a short "oo" sound.

The BTS extension to Soi Bearing was due to open in June 2010 but is now delayed for a year. To be clear, even when this opens next year, it still won't mean that there is a BTS skytrain service in Samut Prakan. Soi Bearing is IN Bangkok and this station marks the border with Samut Prakan. We won't be seeing a sky train in Samut Prakan for another five years. Though they have been saying that for more than five years now!

http://map.paknam.com/skytrain.php
    Thanks for that map of the skytrain route. Do you know about any plans to run a route down Srinakarin Road? It's the road the 145 buses operate on.
    The reason I'm asking is that I regularly shop at the Tesco Plus on Srinakarin and I saw the promotional brochure for the condominiums located to the side. The map on the brochure inidicated that Srinakarin road would indeed have BTS in the future - it's not on the website map - could you shed any light on what we might expect?
    It seemed improbable as Srinakarin has lots of fly-overs so I don't quite see how BTS would work.
    Many thanks for any information.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There has been talk of a line down Srinakarin road, but nothing recently. Like you say, now there are flyovers, and they are also building an underpass, it seems unlikely.

Thanks

What is the latest news about the SkyTrain opening? I frequently visit family here and I am desperate for the skytrain to open. Getting into town from Paknam is a disaster during rush hour_s_

Now I either hop on the SkyTrain on OnNut station, or sometimes take the aircon bus all the way to the city.

Just recently it took us only half an hour from Patumwhan back to Paknam, but when you get 'hit' by the traffic it can take up 1.5 hours as well..
    The part between Bang Na and On Nut is the worst, so one can choose between taking the tollway (car or bus) and then get stuck in central Bangkok, or crawl to On Nut and hop on the sky train there.
    Once the new stations finally open, this will be a huge improvement, since one can avoid that part completely.

Btw, aren't the new stations connected only with a single track? Does this indicate that there are no plans for extending the tracks in the near future (within 5 years?)

mistaecko

Blog Entries
    Thanks

A good question about the opening date. I will try and get it answered.

Thanks

I think I asked this same question 5 years ago....
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKY View Post
    I think I asked this same question 5 years ago....
    Thailand is not the only country that take there time building infrastructure. When I started Highschool they had started widening a 300 metre stretch of road in front of the school, by the time I had left school 4 years latter they were still working on it.
    I think Thailand is where Australia was at 25 odd years ago in terms of infrastructure building.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    Thailand is not the only country that take there time building infrastructure. When I started Highschool they had started widening a 300 metre stretch of road in front of the school, by the time I had left school 4 years latter they were still working on it.
    I think Thailand is where Australia was at 25 odd years ago in terms of infrastructure building.

its a shame we dont have any Beautiful buildings to look at ( read temples ) while we are waiting for roads trains and buses to be built

Thread Information