PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Phanom Rung - tours?
    Thanks

Phanom Rung - tours?

Hello and thanks to anyone who can help this newbie....First let me apologise if this is a question that has been asked a million times already..I'm trying to find out if there are day tours to Phanom Rung that can be booked and taken from either Nakhon Ratchasima or Buri Ram?
    I'm travelling in August with my husband and mother, so am trying to find something that won't be too strenuous for my Mum (eg taking lots of buses / songthaew / motorcycles) to get there.

Thanks again for any help you can give, and sorry again if this is an often asked question....

Thanks
    I have not been to Phanom Rung, although I am considering it as a stop when we go back in a few weeks. However, from Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima) I would certainly recommend Phi Mai. We were there last year, and it is very impressive. I'm not sure how good the public transport there is, because we hired a car and driver to take us there, which made it very simple, although much more expensive (about 2000 baht for the day). However, I would guess that public transport would be fairly easy too.

This year we will probably just go with public transport in most cases.

I will probably write a trip report after I return and post it on the web. If you would like, I could reference the URL here as well. We return from Thailand on July 14.

Gordon

Thanks
    Hi PollyD,

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'm travelling in August with my husband and mother, so am trying to find something that won't be too strenuous for my Mum
    Well, the ride from Bangkok to Phanom Rung is quite long if you take the bus (taking a flight to Khorat or Buriram is also possible).
    I think it is better to get there from Buriram or Surin. you should take the bus to Ban-Tako and from there to take a pickup taxi. The place itself is also a bit strenuous to travel, you have many stairs to climb and boulevard to cross.

It is also possible to take a tour package from Bangkok, like 3-4 days to this area. It includes other great sites as well.

I have been to Phanom Rung in September 2002, so maybe there have been some changes since.

Good-Luck!
    it\'s my party and I\'ll cry if I want to.

Thread Information