PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Event Update: Airport Link to start commercial operation Aug 23
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Airport Link to start commercial operation Aug 23

Airport Link to start commercial operation Aug 23
    ѹظ 21 .. 2553

BANGKOK, July 21 - Suvarnabhumi airport's Airport Link commercial services will begin August 23 with special discount fares offered until the end of the year.

After presiding at ceremony during staff training for the Airport Rail Link project linking Suvarnabhumi Airport and Makkasan area in downtown Bangkok, Permanent Secretary for Transport Supot Saplom said he believed that independent engineers will issue the certificate permitting the project to open for service, as all flaws have been fixed, and test-runs by State Railway of Thailand (SRT) workers continue to be conducted.

The 28km rail link connects Suvarnabhumi Airport in Samut Prakan province east of Bangkok and the City Air Terminal (CAT) in Bangkok's Makkasan area, where passengers will be able to check in their baggage.

Services of both the Express Service and the City Line will be operational on the same tracks at speeds of up to 160km per hour.

The Express Service is a 15-minute non-stop journey between the City Terminal and the airport with a fare at Bt150 per trip. During the opening period, the fare charged will be Bt100.

City Line commuter trips, with set fares at Bt15-Bt45, take 30 minutes to reach the airport, departing from Phaya Thai, Ratchaprarop, Makkasan, Asoke, Ramkhamhaeng, Hua Mak, Ban Thap Chang, and Lat Krabang stations, and will end at the last stop of Suvarnabhumi. The promotional fare will be Bt15 for all journeys during this period.

Meanwhile, Mr Supot said the baggage check-in system developed by SRT and Airports of Thailand (AoT) for Makkasan Station will be ready for full operation by the year end.

The transport official said there will be over 300 personnel working for the Airport Link project.

Concerning setting up a subsidiary firm to manage the project, Mr Supot said he will propose it to the ministry so that the company's registered capital can be increased from Bt500 million (US$15 million) to Bt2 billion (US$60 million). The matter will be then proposed to the Cabinet for consideration. (MCOT online news)

MCOT

Thanks

Re: Airport Link to start commercial operation Aug 23

Has anyone tried this yet? I was at a party on Saturday night and met an engineer from Siemens who said the train is doing free test runs? Anyone been? The guy I met also pointed out that Siemens have subcontracted out the work, and they need this testing period, so people are jumping at the chance not realising that anything could happen!
    I'd quite like to try this, but, as I live in Samut Prakan, my only option is to drive and park at the airport and do the route twice - how sad would that be?

Thanks

Take a ride on the Airport Link![ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NRRBhZEfuY"]Bangkok Airport Link[/ame]

Thanks

I will try it out next month. Normally from Nonthaburi to the airport its about 380 baht incl toll and takes about 40 min. Let me see if I take the bus to Vic monument, skytrain to Phaya Thai and then the raillink how much it will cost me and how long it will take!

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

How nice, this will make travel to Samut Prakan less of a chance in giving excuses not to go cos of the traffic!
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks

Anyone knows where's the nearest skytrain or MRT station from the Mahasan Rail Link station?
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peiyan View Post
    How nice, this will make travel to Samut Prakan less of a chance in giving excuses not to go cos of the traffic!
    I don't think Rail Link leads to Samut Prakan....

Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKY View Post
    Anyone knows where's the nearest skytrain or MRT station from the Mahasan Rail Link station?
    * Subway Link:
    Phetchaburi station for MRT (subway) Blue line
    ** Sky Train:

Phayathai Station for BTS Sukhumvit line.

Source:
    http://www.bangkokairporttrain.com/
    Last edited by Jerome; 19-08-10 at 09:59 AM. Reason: formatting and accreditation
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks

Now that I take another look at that, it appears that the BTS and MRT stations listed above may only connect with the commuter train which makes 8 stops and takes 30 minutes.

I'm not sure if the express train terminal is near these stations. Maybe somebody else can clarify?
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks

I just found the map. I think it is quite misleading. I don't think Petchaburi MRT is "near" Makkasan airport link station. It has to be at least 10 mins walk. I am not so sure about Phayathai station though...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bangkok.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	177.5 KB 
ID:	8584  

Thread Information