PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Event Update: Airport Link to start commercial operation Aug 23 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Airport Link to start commercial operation Aug 23

Quote Originally Posted by PPeter View Post
    What I found on thaivisa.com:
    The road system around the Makkasan Station has not been expanded to accommodate more future traffic. Those who regularly pass through the area, especially during rush hours and on rainy days, would know well how terrible the traffic can be.

Whoever is thinking about boarding the Airport Link train at the Makasan Station to Suvarnabhumi Airport should give it a second thought, because they could miss their flights. If anything, using the motorway could be a better choice.
    I pass by Makasan often and I agree. The traffic at Asoke, Petchaburi junction is a nightmare during peak hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Betti View Post
    the Makkasan terminal is a disgrace, building rubble is still around, dirty windows. the way to the metro is clearly marked, however, there is no underpass or anything. people are expected to drag luggage through more rubble, across a street without traffic lights, which is now closed because of the construction but will likely reopen and there is no underpass. it is one stop by metro to the BTS (Asok). there are also taxis around.
    from the map, it is the Phayathai (slow train) terminal that has a direct BTS connection, so the businessman at the airport was given wrong info.
    I passed by Makkasan terminal last night at around 9pm and the construction was still going on. You can see bright welding lights and hear sound of construction. I believe the nearest station to Makkasan should be Petchchaburi MRT. Not Asoke Skytrain. I think they are still building a linkway to the Petchaburi MRT station at this moment.
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks

even if they are, my friend told me he saw no signs about that. which means a first-timer would have no clue which way to go. (I am only familiar with this area from maps so I have no idea but he knows BKK well.)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Thanks

The last 2 days I did the airport link twice. This was my itinerary from Nonthaburi:
    Bus to the mall - 8 Baht - 20 min
    Bus from the mall to Vic Monument - 18 Baht - 45 min
    BTS Vic Mon to Phaya Thai - 15 Baht - 10 min
    Airport link Phaya Thai > Suvarnabhumi - 15 Baht - 30 min
    Total cost: 56 Baht
    Total time: almost 2 hours

Upside a lot cheaper than a taxi, normally I pay about 380 baht incl toll.
    Downside it takes more than twice as long, normally 40 min per taxi and now almost 2 hours.
    So if you have time to spare it is the best way to go. If you are in a hurry/you arrive early morning/at night or you have a lot of luggage, then a taxi would be my mode of transportation. Also if you can share a taxi with 3/4 persons this would be more convenient/price efficient.

On my way back I arrived at 23:00 at SUV, so I could take the Airportlink and BTS, but there were no buses anymore. Therefore I had to take a taxi from Mo Chit (85 Baht).

There is a bridge between Phaya Thai BTS and the Airport link so that makes it easy to connect. But if you have a lot of luggage it might be difficult to move around between different platforms.

The Airport link I took was the city line which stops at every station (15 baht). The express link runs only between Makassan and the airport (100 baht) but I am not sure it is already running as I didnt see it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Airport Link car parks being enlarged
    Published: 14/10/2010 at 01:44 PM
    Online news: Local News

The expansion of car parks at two Airport Rail Link stations is expected to be completed by the end of November, State Railway of Thailand governor Yuthana Thapcharoen said on Thursday.

Mr Yuthana said after the expansion the car park at Lat Krabang station will accommodate 300 more vehicles and the parkng lot at Hua Mark station will take another 100 cars.

The two car parks will be fitted with more lights and closed-circuit TV cameras to ensure security for passengers and vehicles, he said.

BANGKOK POST

Thread Information