Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Englishman murdered in Hua Hin

http://www.thairath.co.th/today/view/99454

Briefly.

On the 27th of this month, police attended an address in Hua Hin to investigate the death of Raymond John Hyde, 68y/o Englishman who was found murdered in the bedroom of his home in Hua Hin. The allegations are that his wife, "Boon Naak"(Fon) had previously sought advice from a "close male friend" called Thanakon (Lek) about him continually looking down on her. The allegation is that she and this close male friend, along with her younger brother planned to have him attacked but only injured, but evidently the younger brother got carried away and murdered Hyde with a knife. The wife claims innocence and to know nothing about her husband's murder. She says she went out to a market and locked the house securely when she left. The police however have found no signs of forced entry. The wife does however admit having discussed her husband with Lek previously. The police believe that the doors were in fact not locked to give the killers easy access to commit the murder

The police say that a fight probably ensued after the assailants attacked Hyde who was a big man.

The younger brother is still at large with property stolen from Hyde but police expect to catch him within a day or two.

Thanks

Re: Englishman murdered in Hua Hin

I don't believe the story about just wanting to injure him, It's clear to me they were after an inheritance. My condolences to his true friends and family.

Thanks

Hi

It is not always about the money but many times it is.

but we never hear the whole story on these kinds of events.
    I know there are many old expats married in thailand who treat their wives like
    property or worse Who feel they only have to give their wives a few bahts
    while they go out drinking and spending money all the time and have no problem
    beating or hitting their wife when they come home drunk.

sometimes the wife and or her family just gets tired of the abuse and puts an end to it.

I am not saying this is right or what happened but it isn't always the poor old farang that got murderd for money . it is never that simple.

Thanks

Today I found out that gentleman Ray died following a brutal attack allegedly by two Thai men..

Ray God bless him was only 5 foot 6” tall and was terminally ill with throat cancer.

My condolences to Ray’s family and friends in this very sad day, I knew Ray for a very short time and found him to be the perfect gentleman who would not harm a fly.

God Bless Ray, rest in peace wee man we will never forget you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khonrai View Post
    it is never that simple.
    Unfortunately, it very often is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KhaoNiaw View Post
    Unfortunately, it very often is.
    I agree, it is that simple, there is always divorce, if some one is not happy in a relationship.
    You have to remember, when your a farang living in Thailand, your not the one with the family support, it's your Thai partner who has all there relatives to lean on if times get tough.
    Again my condolences, he is the innocent victim.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khonrai View Post
    I know there are many old expats married in thailand who treat their wives like property or worse Who feel they only have to give their wives a few bahts while they go out drinking and spending money all the time and have no problem beating or hitting their wife when they come home drunk.
    Sure that happens, but I think that is an exception and most expats treat their wives very decent. Which is one of the reasons why many Thai women are looking for an expat man.

Thanks

This is just to say, that the members and staff at Stapleford Flying Club are shocked and saddened at the murder of such a lovely man. He will be greatly missed, R.I.P, no more worries Ray.

Thanks

Pic of the wife, ฝน and her กิ๊ก in police custody.
    http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/99412

Thanks

HI

two sides two different storys.

the Thairath story says he was a mean man always makeing fun of his 32 yr old wife and
    all thais eating habits. and didn't the story say he always had a gun in his bedroom
    the translation was kind of spoty. the first story said he was a big man

then al the new poster,s come on here to say he was a kind and gentle small frail man
    with cancer.

we will never know which story is correct

when you marry someone 36 yrs your junior do you really think they are marrying you for love and not for your money. or at the very least for security.

Thread Information