Blog Entries
    Thanks

Samut Prakan Immigration Website

Yesterday we started work on the new website for the Thai Immigration in Samut Prakan. Their previous one hadn't been updated for many years and in addition it was only in the Thai language. There is still a lot to add to make it useful plus we need to verify a lot of the information. Even immigration people don't always seem to know the latest.

http://www.samutprakan-immigration.com

It is still a work in progress but feel free to add comments on what you would like to see. Hopefully we can make this website useful to people outside of the province too.

Thanks

Re: Samut Prakan Immigration Website

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow View Post
    It is still a work in progress but feel free to add comments on what you would like to see. Hopefully we can make this website useful to people outside of the province too.
    Just a minor nitpicking - on the map page you wrote "city hall", which is the somewhat unclear translation of Sala Klang. More fitting is province hall, as city hall could also refer to the office of the municipality. I know it's rather widespread to use city hall, so maybe writing "province hall (also known as city hall)" would be best.

The English translation of the law text is also very helpful, but on all other sources of English law translations it had a big disclaimer that it's an unofficial translation and only the Thai version is legally binding. If I am not mistaken, the only law texts which get an official translation are the constitutions.

Even in this preliminary state, the website has become much more accessible for their customers, a clear improvement.

Thanks

Great website - far from being able to suggest additional things, it has more information and detail than I could imagine, lots of things I never knew before. The site is far more accessible and user-friendly than the one for the main immigration in Chaeng Wattana.
    As I live in Samut Prakan, I have to go to this immigration regularly for my 90-day address reporting, but never realised it had a website. It seems quite oldie-worldie, and unloved, but friendly and there's never a queue! Very good website!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

on the map page you wrote "city hall", which is the somewhat unclear translation of Sala Klang. More fitting is province hall
    Technically I was correct as I did say it is in the same complex as the city hall. We have halls for the province, district and city (municipal) in the same complex. City hall is closest to the immigration!

on all other sources of English law translations it had a big disclaimer that it's an unofficial translation
    Thanks I have made the change.

I have to go to this immigration regularly for my 90-day address reporting. It seems quite oldie-worldie, and unloved, but friendly and there's never a queue!
    Not sure when the last time you went, but the day I went for my 90 day there must have been nearly 100 there. They had even opened an extra waiting room upstairs that I have never seen before.

They had a website before but it was all in Thai and hadn't been updated for quite a few years. They had changed administration at least a couple of times since and they had long forgotten who was doing the website. I had to do my own investigative work using WHOIS to find out the address of the person who registered the domain name. Unbelievably, when I rang him he just handed over the keys to me without checking to see who I was! I then deleted the old site and started fresh. This time with the emphasis on English. Obviously to be useful it will need to be kept updated which is probably beyond their budget. So it will probably end up a "labour of love".

I will probably go in to see them next week to take some pictures for the website. I have some more ideas to make it useful. However, I am not sure what they want as they didn't really give me a brief. My own brief is to make it the best and most useful immigration website in Thailand.

Thanks

They're lucky to have you; your site is well on the way to being the best. I've always gone first thing in the morning and turned up later to school so I've never queued, I'm shocked it gets so busy.
    Unless I've overlooked it on the site, the only things you could add would be an 'About Us' tab with 'History', 'Vision', 'Organisation Chart', 'Commander' as on the main Immigration site. The Samut Prakan office has the Chart on the wall, but I doubt any foreigners would be interested in this, or care, so I didn't think it was worth mentioning.
    The site looks great; the information on Samut Prakan is extensive and the weather forecasts and exchange rates are really neat touches.

Thanks

The website looks pretty neat! A refreshing experience compared to most of websites run by public government offices in Thailand.

I guess the English translations of the Immigration Act and the Police Orders are great for those who want to have an in-depth look at the regulations.

Others might be more interested in easily accessible information in plain English, focusing on what to do and how to do something, e.g. obtaining a 1-year extension based on retirement, marriage, employment.
    I found some information hidden in the forms/information download section (as part of the police order), and in the 'Types of Visa' section. A special section on those very common topics for foreigners living in Thailand would probably give the website a great boost in information value!
    To increase the 'service aspect' of the website, one could even push those parts to the front page or a special 'service portal' page, using task oriented 'jump points' to access the desired information. Like 'How to Extend a Tourist Visa', 'Visa Matters for Teachers' etc.

But maybe these topics are too complex and/or 'too sensitive' for an official website to deal with.

The current website will definitely do a good job at representing this immigration office, and earning them some points in terms of professional appearance (on the web).

And one more (minor) feedback: better add a timestamp to the pages ('last updated on ...') - Any website that provides information on legal stuff and regulation should do so IMHO. This is even more advisable if it is very likely that the information will not be kept up-to-date.

mistaecko

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated. It is still a work in progress and so your remarks are useful. I had a meeting with the Inspector of Samut Prakan immigration this afternoon and he is excited about my idea of having a page where people can post questions. As long as these are then answered then I think it could prove to be very useful. Not only for people living in Samut Prakan, but also for people wanting to come to Thailand. We will also do a FAQ section to make it more useful.

Thanks

Hello Richard!

Regarding the website you have made:

samutprakan-immigration.com

"This account has been suspended.
    Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

And, do you have anything to do with:

samutprakan.immigration.go.th

"Hacked By Romantic
    Muslim Cyber Army"

All links will give this message! It has been like this for quite some time.

Thanks

This forum has been abandoned.

Thread Information