PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Punk/metal music scene
    Thanks
    Im an avid music fan, and a great follower of the Punk/Metal scene. I noticed it around, i was just interested in how the scene is developing.
    Im looking at opening a venue out there and get some thai, us and uk bands in. Just wanna know if ppl think it would be popular.

Thanks
    The metal scene is rather small, unfortunately. There are some great rock bands in Thailand, but the heavier bands are still underground, and it doesn't really look like they'll be surfacing anytime soon. Straight up hardcore metal is not particularly popular with the locals. The punk scene, as far as Thai punk bands, is almost no where to be found. The closest thing to punk in Thailand is the new hybrid punk, which I refer to as "pop-rock." You may find a few people in Thailand, who like some good ol' punk music and listen to American and British punk, but most of those people are international kids at international high schools like ISB or NIST.

New age mainstream hybrid punk (greenday, sum41, etc) can be found in Thailand, but not everybody particularly likes it. That may explain why there aren't as many Thai bands copying the style. Bands like "linkin park" were fairly well received in Thailand, so you may find more of that "rap/rock" combonaition finding its way into Thai mainstream music. In fact, a song I recently mentioned by "singnature" was very much in that rap/rock sort of style.
    "Random Witty Comment"

Thanks
    Kool, im looking for a bit more of an ungerground scene to it. Unfortunately, the London scene has become so mainstream, everyone's doing it. Alternative is no longer alternative

When its more of an unseen thing, there is a much nice feel to it, like the punk/metal scene in London was in the mid to late 90's. Maybe i can help the blossoming scene take off in my own small way

Thread Information