Thread: Swear words...

Nokkie Guest
    do you guys use swear words at all? my mom says mo-fu alot in lao. and is it a big deal if you say a swear word?

Thanks
    wow, talking about swear words, just this pass weekend, I was screaming at my little sister for learning tons of thai, lao, and other foreign language swear words. There is a whole site that is dedicated to swear words, I was thinking of writing to the author to take it off the net... But, yeah, I think it depend on how you are brought up and the environment that you where brought up in, if it is apporiate or not to swear. I just think it is wrong...that the person who is swearing just lack words/vocab.

Thanks
    I didnt know alot of Thai language until I went to Thailand this summer, and I learned not to speak swear words not even the use of e words like stupid buffalo and other words.

Thanks
    It is not a good idea to learn to speak swear words.
    Stay far away from them, please !

Thanks
    I think it&#39;s ok to <span style='color:red'>learn</span> them, as long as you don&#39;t <span style='color:blue'>use</span> them. It&#39;s one way to tell what another persons character is like. It also helps you to understand how other people are feeling.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those that understand BINARY and those that don’t.

Thanks
    The swear words are still part of the language, and if you study Thai for any definite amount of time, you will eventually be exposed to them. Thus, I wouldn&#39;t make any point of going off to learn them all at once. Trust me, in due time, you too will have all the vocabulary you need to swear like an ol&#39; redneck, who forgot where he parked his pick-up truck.
    "Random Witty Comment"

Thread Information