PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My Travel Story: ooo the Grand Palace ... Jewel of Rattanakosin ooo
    Thanks

ooo the Grand Palace ... Jewel of Rattanakosin ooo

In the heart of Bangkok, there lies the most famous, must-see site which is well-known among foreign travelers, the Temple of the Emerald Buddha or Wat Phra Kaeo temple in the Grand Palace compound.
    Entering through Viset Chaisri Gate , which is the main outer gate, located in the north, there is another gate called Pimarn Chaisri. And if you look through this gate, you can see the elegant view of the Chakri Maha Prasat Throne Hall.

The walkway to the Temple of the Emerald Buddha is on the left.

The temple is in the outer section of the compound, west of the Grand palace. It was built on the orders of King Rama I along with the Grand Palace and the Rattanakosin Island, and was built as a temple in a Royal compound like Wat Sri Sanphet in Ayutthaya. It has no resident monks.
    The temple complex is divided into two parts; the Bot or Chapel of the Emerald Buddha and the small buildings around it. The main points of interest of this area are:
    The central chapel: Located in the middle of temple compound. It was built according to the usual plan of Thai temples, for the purpose of enshrining the famous Emerald Buddha. Surrounded by walls.

The Emerald Buddha (Phra Putta Maha Mani Ratana Patimakorn or Phra Kaeo Morakot): The Buddha image in meditating position in the style of Lanna school of the north, dating from the 15th century AD. King Rama I brought from Vientiane, and is considered to be the most important Buddha image in the country.

Phra Sri Ratana Chedi: Built in the style of Wat Sri Sanphet in Ayutthaya. This chedi is to the west of the Mondop. Inside is a small chedi with relics of the Lord Buddha.

Thanks

Re: ooo the Grand Palace ... Jewel of Rattanakosin ooo

Mondop: This structure stands behind Prasat Phra Tepidon. Inside is a cabinet holding the Buddhist scriptures beautifully decorated in mother-of-pearl.

Prasat Phra Thepidon: This four-square prang was built in the reign of King Rama IV.
    Inside are statues of Kings, Rama I – Rama VIII, to which the public pay their respects on Chakri Day, April 6, every year.

Hor Phra Nak: Located behind the temple, this traditional Thai building roofed with glazed tiles contains the ashes of the Royal family

I don't want to bore you guys with too many pics . If you want to see full trip report . xxxxxxxxxx

Those pictures are taken by my friends with his approval to post. What do you guys think about the grand place?
    Last edited by Khun Don; 31-08-10 at 03:04 AM. Reason: RULES: New members are not allowed to post external links-even to advertise their own sites!!

I wish it's Thailand, but don't you too? ;)
    Thanks

Nice pics...
    Sleep, little one, close your eyes, mother will sing you a lullaby... Sleep in a jewel cradle, sleep, mother will rock you.
    If you don't sleep the midges will go for your eyes and pollen will fall on the cradle....Sleep, close your eyes...
    - Isaan folksong, from "The Price of a Life" (Onkom, 1997)

Thanks

thanks for tr. grand palace is suuway. can you ttell a little about the camera lens and post processing dai mai? thank again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 555 Posts

beautiful pictures travelscapez, thank for sharing....
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
    - Chinese Proverb

Thread Information